Install UCA Bracket - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Install UCA Bracket

I changed my upper control arm bracket yesterday, and all I can say is what a pain in the @%%!!! I was considering buying a car lift before, but it has moved way up on the list of priorities. The job itself isn't difficult, having a lift would have cut down on the time considerably. I am glad I got it done, that little rattle from the old one is finally gone.

07 Grabber Orange Manual GT
Whipple HO Superchager, Tokico D Specs, FRPP Springs, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Spoon Adjustable Panrod , Flowmaster Axle Backs, J&M Chamber Plates, LCAs and Adjustable UCA, GT500 Brembo brakes, Autometer Nexus Gauges, Thumprrr tensioner, LPW Diff cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have a scissors lift that gets the car 52 inches off the ground. I could not have done half of what I have done to the car without it. I even use it when I wax my car. Get it off the gound and even with me so I can do the doors and lower parts without bending down...LOL.. I had to move the gas tanks on my car when I put the upper CA bracket on my car. I know what your talking about. GA

05GT, 09 GT500 Drivetrain, 2.6 pulley, JLT intake, 18x9.5 GT500 wheels, 14" Brembos, 2014 rear brakes, 14 cooling fan, Cortex racing Koni Coilovers, Cortex Watts Link BMR:K-Member, Tube rad support, adj upper third link, rear relo brackets,JBA long tubes and catted mid pipe, Stillen adj front & rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, Steeda shifter, Spydershaft Aluminum DS.
John Lund tune, 568 rwhp, 560 tq.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

Not a lot of fun laying on your back to change it out like I did.

07 GT premium in Grabber Orange. 5spd. manual w/ a few bolt-ons.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010
PONY Member

How would you rate it compared to installing long tubes? I just installed Kooks 1 3/4" lt's and their 3" catted h mid-pipe. Working on my back with only 15" clearance.

300 stroker @ 11:1 compression, FRPP Stage 2 heads, 127300 cams, 4r70W, Kooks 1 3/4" lt's with 3" H mid-pipe, FRPP stinger mufflers, B&M ratchet shifter, UPR LCA's, JPC race UCA. E-Force TVS. Engine built by Everett's specialty repair, tuned by Manuel @ tudyno.com 9.98 @ 136.55 1.39 60'
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010
Apprentice
Classic Member

With a lift it wasn't that bad.. just make sure your tank is almost empty.

We had to drop mine 2-3 inches to switch it out and a full tank a fuel is pretty heavy for one person (me) to hold for 10+ minutes while your buddies contemplate how the bracket is going to go in. (note to self, get smarter buddies )

2008 Prem GT - Vista Blue - 5spd manual - 3.55 L/S - IUP - Spoiler delete

List of Mods: www dot fquick.com/garages/Ford/M...GT/2008/18208

Best 1/4: 12.0 @ 117 mph - 1.89 60'
Dyno Tuned: 466whp & 445trq (8-9lbs of boost)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RedMosesSC
I did the Steeda UCA with heavy duty mount, twice and it is a Royal pain! had to drop the gas tank and crimp the edges to get the UCA to fit. Worth the hassle though, car puts power down very well, you especially notice this upgrade when going over uneven surfaces and turns under hard throttle.

2006 Saleen S281 SC #1247 || Screaming Yellow || Scenic Roof || Watts Link || 3.6 Pulley || Extreme CAI || 39# Inj || Autolite HT .030 || JDM tune || Steeda F&R Sway Bars w/ Billet Mounts, adj UCA & LCA's || Magnaflow catted X Pipe || MGW ||

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page