Poor cold start after installing off road H pipe - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernwrobo View Post
you are correct there is no pcv valve for say as i metioned but you incorrect about it being just a series of baffle is a 90-10 valve meaning it will let 90% air flow in 1 direction and 10% air flow in the other direction to test this your self if you doubt me pull the hose off and blow in the valve them suck on the valve and you will see air will only pass in one direction. in other word as the motor or (vacum pump) is under + presure n/a there may be know issues but as soon as a motor under boost or -presure as it would be on at start up w/SC motor than excess presure has no excape thus for causeing the motor to force oil through the exaust and on to the o2 sensors and since oil has an octane reading of about 7 the ecm sees that as plenty full and leans the car out or if the ecm does not correct then the car is running rich in either case causeing bad fuel mapping and spirating idle. I am not saying this is in every case but i no we have experienced this issue om at least a couple of occasions expecialy w/mod moter that had good flowing heads and in each case we were able to correct the problem simply doing what i had explained in previos post. unless you live in a emision state you have nothing to lose to try this (or he has nothing to lose to try this) but about the 15minutes it takes to do it
Good information... Was not aware of that.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

just trying to help

yea i was just throughing osme info out there may help

white 2006 Stage 3
625 rwhp/650 trq 15lbs. boost on pump gas
full mod 4.6 w/76mm garrett turbo
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

It looks like all issues have been resolved!

It looks like all issues have been resolved! After working from Dave at Brenspeed and my mechanic here I received a new modified tune from Brenspeed. I installed the new tune and it resolved the cold start issue but I still had the idle fluctuation issue and feeling like it was going to stall.

We got the car back up on the lift and went over everything, no leaks, O2 sensors were checked and working fine, cleaned the MAF again. I had cleaned the throttle body before but someone told me I didn't need to take it off to clean it, last night I removed the throttle body and gave it a proper clean until it was gleaming fron and back. Reinstalled it and fired the car up, now the rpm was too high! I reinstalled the original tune and everything seemed to be fine, no fluctuation at idle. It felt like Christmas morning this morning as I was anxious about the cold start and wanting to take it for a test run. It fired up first try with no hesitation. Just got the car up to temp and she is running and idling as one would hope!

So looks like all of the issues were simply a dirty throttle body that was in need of a good cleaning!

Paxton Novi 2200 H.O. Intercooled Supercharger from Brenspeed, Speed of Sound Gauge Pod, Auometer Boost Gauge, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, Axle Back exhaust and off road H pipe from Summit Racing, 4:10 Rear Gears, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Springs, FRPP 18” Fan Blade Wheels, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Hood Scoop, Center Fog Light Grill & Various Cosmetic Parts

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Amazing what a dirty TB or MAF can do.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
brenspeed , idle problem , poor cold start , supercharger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page