Looking for opinions o the On3 Performance Single Turbo Kit - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redruder View Post
I've had trouble with that site. I tried on several occasions but can't get it to some me the turbo system of the S197
Don't know what's up. I click on the link in your post and it goes right to the site. Call them 814-774-4966

"You can't fix stupid"

Tuned by PowerHouse411
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshallp View Post
until i hear good or bad stories not hear say i guess ill sit here waiting ever so impatiently
You will get what you pay for. Buy the cheap kit and let us know how it works out then we can all have an experianced opinion

"You can't fix stupid"

Tuned by PowerHouse411
PONY Member
S197 Member

If you cant afford a turbo kit above 4k then you should have no buisness turboing your s197 at all... What happens if somthing goes wrong? Its not going to fix itself, and its not going to be cheap.

2007Alloy Gt Auto - Vroom Vroom

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scord View Post
If you cant afford a turbo kit above 4k then you should have no buisness turboing your s197 at all... What happens if somthing goes wrong? Its not going to fix itself, and its not going to be cheap.
Do you think i'm a child? sorry im not going to try and start anything however i simply want input and feedback on this kit if there is ANY to be had i appreciate everyone else's posts however your post is no news to me as Ive had many cars and just as many parts from good company's as bad go wrong. I can afford to i just figured i would ask for an opinion before i shell out a couple thousand extra just in case it was a worthy product at a decent price. Simply having the money to afford something doesn't mean you need to spend it all.
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/05gt View Post
Don't know what's up. I click on the link in your post and it goes right to the site. Call them 814-774-4966
yea, I couldn't get the turbo kit selection to open.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
PONY Member

I have been able to contact (3) people that purchased the 2V kit. Uses the same Master Power 70 mm turbo, BOV, wastegate, etc.as the 3V kit. All had nothing but good things to say about the kit! Fit was great, and turbo spools fast - full boost @ 3K RPMs. On 3 Performance is a site sponsor www.corral.net and appears to be a regular answering questions. I figure it will be close to $3K with a tune all the parts needed to complete the kit. If anyone has experience with this kit please post. I am sooooo close to pulling the trigger on this kit.

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGTvert View Post
I have been able to contact (3) people that purchased the 2V kit. Uses the same Master Power 70 mm turbo, BOV, wastegate, etc.as the 3V kit. All had nothing but good things to say about the kit! Fit was great, and turbo spools fast - full boost @ 3K RPMs. On 3 Performance is a site sponsor www.corral.net and appears to be a regular answering questions. I figure it will be close to $3K with a tune all the parts needed to complete the kit. If anyone has experience with this kit please post. I am sooooo close to pulling the trigger on this kit.

thank you SO MUCH for that news i cruised through the forums found a sticky All about on3 performance turbo systems... seems pretty solid Turbochargers - Corral Forums
Good as mine
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGTvert View Post
For $450 they will add the SCT loaded with a tune that works for their TC system. I did the math and yes about 3K total and that's if you go with a dyno tune.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

done well i am going to take the plunge and order this kit from them ... as soon as one of my customers pay up for their restorations... lol have 3 full complete paint jobs done for customers that are owing... that and a good 3000 in accessories sold to my distributor.. lol ahhhh money please come home!
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Sorry So do they offer all the additional parts required?
PONY Member

On 3 does offer the required parts to complete the install. Here is what I have been quoted by Mike @ On 3. Add / subract what you need or already have. Upgraded turbo avaialble for additionsl cost. I plan to order the kit with the MP70 turbo.

Turbo Kit $1895
39# Ford Injectors $169
Pro M MAF calibrated $195
SCT w/tune $450
BAP $250
Air Filter $50

Still not sure to buy the SCT w/ tune or have it dyno tuned. Anyone have thoughts on this?

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

A dyno tune is best, it will ensure that you have a tune taylored to your car. You would get the most out of the turbo system and have the piece of mind that you're running at safe levels. You might want to look into a turbo timer. That will ensure that the oil and turbo are cool before the engine shuts down to provent the oil just stopping in the turbo housing and baking. That's at th top of the list of things overlooked that will kill a turbo.

RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

incase anyone is interested theres a thread here relating to someone who has purchased the 3v kit and loves it

On3Performance 3v build - WWW.S197FORUM.COM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page