CDC Classic chin spoiler question - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchstang View Post
Here are some close ups of the CDC Classic. Note I had to rivet mine & paint them black, that 3M tape doesn't hold up.
Rivet....really?? Thats a first. If the surface is cleaned with alcohol first,that tape is awesome.That is how most aftermarket items are held on. Car looks good

2006 Mustang GT. CDC classic chin spoiler,Off road x stock axlebacks,Tunable Induction CAI,SCTtuner. FRPP 3.73 gear,Rear window louver,Qtr window louvers.Shaker hood, MACH11 shifter.
Best ET to date- 11.89 @ 114 mph on spray,390 rwhp,520 rwtq
No more Nitrous all motor now.Don't ask.
Car is gone,but still a member...and Mustang fan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I don't think I would trust tape to hold body parts on. Even duct tape has it's limits. But that's just my opinion. With my luck the part would fall off and cause a 5 car pile up.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well, I know the 3M tape holds pretty danged well - I've got the SHR honeycomb trunk insert, and that's all that's holding it on.
My worry would be about a part that is in the front - battered by air, changing wind conditions, junk on the roads (even when you try to dodge), etc. I still have the bolts/nuts/washers left over from my Astra-Hammond kit, and was going to see if I could re-use them to shore-up the install anyways. That way, it's even more secure, and I don't have spare parts collecting dust. Lol.

2009 G.O. GT, Spoiler delete, JLT-style CAI, Bama 93 Oct tune, Quantum Motorsports brake duct cooling kit, SHR quarter-window louvers, MGW short-throw shifter, Steeda UDPs, JLT oil separator, FRPP FR500s mufflers, MSD coil-on-plugs, FRPP 1.5' drop shocks/struts/springs, FRPP sway bars, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires, stock 3.31 gears

MACH I Member

Garage
I attached the chin spoiler on wifes GT using supplied 3M tape. Prepped surface (both) using alcohol and adhesive promoter. That spoiler ain't going anywhere....

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

3m tape works great if you prep the surface the right way.

2008 Vapor Silver Mustang GT

JLTSCTSLPBMRMagnaflowEibach
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I've never had any issues with 3M tape holding anything.

1965 Mustang Coupe
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

My stripes are 3M and they are still there

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page