Has the venturi tube been removed from my CAI? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Has the venturi tube been removed from my CAI?

I bought a used 2006 GT with an AIR AID CAI. I dont know if it has been tuned for premium gas. A few poeple on this site suggested to check if the venturi has been taken out or not ; because they said keeping the venturi in is what will allow the car to run "smooth" on regular gas without a tune. It does run fine on 87 octane.

I have a picture of inside my CAI , can anyone tell if my venturi is in or not? I dont think it is but I dont know for sure...All I see is a open air intake pipe and a oxygen sensor...

Thanks for any help.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	venturi.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	94520  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
It does look like there's one in there where the pipe narrows. Did you try to see if anything pops out?

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
It does look like there's one in there where the pipe narrows. Did you try to see if anything pops out?
The picture is not great, the best I could get. I only saw the sensor and a open CAI pipe. Ill check if anything pops out...
Thanks!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010
S197 Member

I can't tell from that picture. First of all, what brand of CAI is it. Only certain brands had the restrictive insert. And just because the insert was removed doesn't mean it's tuned for premium, it could be tuned for 87 octane as well, or worse, the owner didn't bother to install a tune.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabborange View Post
I can't tell from that picture. First of all, what brand of CAI is it. Only certain brands had the restrictive insert. And just because the insert was removed doesn't mean it's tuned for premium, it could be tuned for 87 octane as well, or worse, the owner didn't bother to install a tune.
It is an AIRAID CAI. I have read that the venturi must be in if Im using 87 octane, and it runs well, meaning it must not have been tuned....Im really not sure.

Im trying to determine if it has a tune. It didnt come with a tuner and I cant contact the previous owner...
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

It sure looks like the venturi is in there and you most likely don't have a tune since the AIRAID CAI runs fine without a tune as long as the venturi is in place. If the venturi wasn't in there and you didn't have a tune you would have a CEL on and your Mustang would be running like crap.

2007 Mustang GT Premium
Redfire Metallic w/ Dark Charcoal Leather Interior
5-speed manual w/ Hurst Competition Plus Shifter
18" Polished Fan Blade Wheels
GT Appearance Pkg
Interior Upgrade Pkg
Airaid CAI w/ FRPP Tune
Roush Lowering Springs
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavediver View Post
It sure looks like the venturi is in there and you most likely don't have a tune since the AIRAID CAI runs fine without a tune as long as the venturi is in place. If the venturi wasn't in there and you didn't have a tune you would have a CEL on and your Mustang would be running like crap.
Great! thats what I wanted to know. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page