Camshaft Position Sensor 2006 Mustang GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Just got the same code (camshaft position sensor) this morning, though mine has been having some pretty bad symptoms. In low RPM situations (cruising at 55 or looking for a parking spot) I have experienced significant bucking and just running rough overall, and a possibly unrelated loping idle when I first crank it up. I'm gonna replace the sensor and cross my fingers that my alternator isn't gonna go out tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Well so much for optimism. Autozone tested my alternator and its failing, of course. And it ruined the new CPSs I put in two days ago, since I replaced them and they worked for a day now I'm mis-firing again.

Rookie

Garage
Hi, I am also new to this forum. I have read a lot on the CSP failure. I have an 08 gt/cs. I have replaced the alternator and the sensor 3 times. the light goes off for a while but comes back on for a few days and then goes back off for a few days. it doesn't seem to matter if it is on or not though . Car feels like it is missing and surging. could it be the wires to the sensor?

Apprentice

If the alternator or new cps didn't help, pull the valve covers and check the phasers and chains. Especially if you're over 60-70k. I had a bad bank 2 phaser (roll pins sheared.) I changed everything as I had 100k on mine. I also jacked the motor and dropped the pan to do the oil pump as they fail on 3v's. I used a melling pump since it has an iron back unlike the garbage ford pump plus it has about 30% more pressure to keep the vvt system hummin. I have a write up on how to do the job easily. Let me know and I'll post it. 3v's have a unique set of issues because of the vvt system and crappy aluminum pump back plates. Be careful if you do this job, I accidentally dropped in hot rod cams while it was open and I couldn't get them out!!

If you have rough running, bucks and misses without the cam sensor code, check the coils.
Rookie

Garage
Cool

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. but I took a different solution. I traded in my car and got a 2012 GT 5.0 haha. my first mustang was a 1986 5.0 foxbody. I missed the 5.0 so I went for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page