OK its CAI time for my Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

OK its CAI time for my Mustang GT

So, I'm going to be ordering my CAI and tuner from brenspeed later this month, and I was wondering what opinions you guys might have on the ford racing CAI versus the JLT CAI in terms of performance. I like the look of the ford intake more, enough that the price difference is meaningless. On paper the JLT is bigger in terms of MAF, so is there a noticeable power difference or is it a six to one half a dozen to the other type situation.

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Go with the JLT. You will not be disappointed. If you are looking for hard numbers there have been CAI comparison tests. Cold Air Intake Comparisons - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

from what i have gathered from all of the CAI threads it seems like JLT is the best bang for the buck. if you are wanting the best numbers i would get a JLT. if you like the looks of something else then get it. i still have my stock cai, but if i ever do get a cold air intake i will be getting the one that makes the most hp/torq....so unless you are into show cars i wouldn't go for looks i would go with the best gains. i'm pretty sure you will be spending more time driving your car than sitting there looking at it with the hood up.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010
Apprentice
Classic Member
S197 Member

I talked to both Brenspeed and Chris Rose at Tillmans, they both said the JLT and C&L intakes are better at producing power than the Ford Bullitt style intake.

1967 Ford Mustang fastback 289 V8 almost done!
2006 Ford Mustang GT C&L Street CAI, Brenspeed tuned, C/S front fascia, SHR T/L panel, m5230s KR axlebacks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

The JLT doesn't look bad and you can get it chrome, painted to match your car, or have it airbrushed. I like the hearing it take in air right before you get pinned to your seat.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Oh, I hear that now with the stock intake. Really impressed me how it sounded.

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
The JLT II is a quality piece.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page