Saleen suspension kit or Steeda Ultralites with Tokico HP (blue) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Saleen suspension kit or Steeda Ultralites with Tokico HP (blue)

Just need quick opinion which one to go. I have a Saleen supercharger convertible and I feel like I have too much power and not enough control with a simple lowering springs and lower control arms. Nothing drastic like a track suspension, just some significant improvement to keep the horses pointing where I want them to go without giving up too much on comfort and keeping close to the $1k budget.

I am getting Steeda front and rear sway bars with the Steeda Ultralites and Tokico HP shocks and struts if I go that direction. The Saleen kit has progressive springs. The Steeda is linear. Steeda told me their shocks were made by Tokico but they provide the specs. I heard Saleen's springs were made by Eibach and their springs sure look so much like Eibachs as well.

Decisions, decisions... Two things that complicate things a bit for me. I have an extra weight of the supercharger in the front, and I have a convertible. So springs that are too stiff will rattle the car really bad, hence I choose the Ultralites. I am afraid the Saleen would be too stiff.

I'm on vacation out of town and I've been driving all sorts of BMW's and I am starting to get jealous of their suspension.

Thanks in advance for helping!

2007 GT Convertible •5 spd •450 rwhp 445 rwtq
Saleen Supercharged •C&L Racer CAI •Brenspeed Custom Dyno Tuned •3.73 FRPP •MGW Shifter •CHE K brace & torque limiters •Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers 3" collectors 3" off road x-pipe •3" Magnaflow Magnapacks •18" FR500 Wheels •275 Rear Tires •GT500 Fuel Pump •Steeda Sports Springs •GT500 shocks struts front sway bar •Steeda LCA & pan hard bar •Slotted/Drilled Rotors •more...
Stock exterior for effect! ░▒▓█
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TheKurgan
Do you know the weight of those Ultralites ? I'm betting they are not any lighter than the FR500 wheels you have right now....possibly heavier.

If they play, I spray.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKurgan View Post
Do you know the weight of those Ultralites ? I'm betting they are not any lighter than the FR500 wheels you have right now....possibly heavier.
Steeda told me 5 lbs lighter than the sport springs (each).

Saleen Supercharged •C&L Racer CAI •Brenspeed Custom Dyno Tuned •3.73 FRPP •MGW Shifter •CHE K brace & torque limiters •Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers 3" collectors 3" off road x-pipe •3" Magnaflow Magnapacks •18" FR500 Wheels •275 Rear Tires •GT500 Fuel Pump •Steeda Sports Springs •GT500 shocks struts front sway bar •Steeda LCA & pan hard bar •Slotted/Drilled Rotors •more...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TheKurgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRonn View Post
Steeda told me 5 lbs lighter than the sport springs (each).

Oh I thought you were talking about wheels. Carry on

If they play, I spray.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Steeda called again and said that all front springs they make are progressive rate. The rear are linear rate.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Try the BMR springs with the steeda stop the hop pak the feel will be like stock and it will allow you to hook up better and get the power to the ground.

C&L racer cai, FRPP 62mm polished throttle bodies, custom Sutton Ford Racing Tune, Spyder alum ds, Steeda tri ax shrt thrw shftr,BMR lowering springs Steeda UCA, LCA, Steeda adjustable panhard bar and panhard bar brace, Steeda G-Trac Brace, Front sway bar mnt brace,SW LT catted X-pipe magnapack exhst 18x9/18x10 blk bullet dp dish rims,reverse c-stripe side stripes, CDC Billet lower grill,custom vista blue 5-spd shifter ball, 2008 Vista Blue GT flush mount side louvers.Eibach frt/rear sway bars.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al ALUCARD19 View Post
Try the BMR springs with the steeda stop the hop pak the feel will be like stock and it will allow you to hook up better and get the power to the ground.
I already got the Steeda lower control arms which is part of the stop hop kit. I don't know if the upper control arms will have fitment issues because of the lowered springs.

One thing for sure though, the LCA works pretty good. Now it slides like butter when you want to spin the tires. Dunno if the lowered springs contributed to that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page