2010 mustang GT looking for more power - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2010 mustang GT looking for more power

I would like to get some ideas on how I can get up to around 400-450 rwhp without supercharging. He is a list of mods to my car so you have a better idea of what I am working with.

JLT CAI with sct 3 custom 93 tune, steeda udps, steeda charge motion delete plugs, steeda throttle body spacer, frpp 3.73 gears, frpp lowering springs, pypes cut and clamp X pipe, and Pypes violator axle backs. Pypes Long tube headers will be next.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
450 is not possible and 400 is going to cost a bundle. Heads, cams, intake and every other bolton available.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

So if I want to get there supercharging is the only way to go withoutspending a fortune. What needs to be done prior to supercharging or does the supercharger come with everything I need?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissl8 View Post
So if I want to get there supercharging is the only way to go withoutspending a fortune. What needs to be done prior to supercharging or does the supercharger come with everything I need?
We have several kits that would put you in that HP range and they are all turn key (everything is included). Our Saleen Stage III makes around 450 rwhp, our Edelbrock Stage 0 makes around 440 rwhp, the Vortech V3 HO makes 450-470 and our Paxton kit makes 460-480. They are all extremely reliable, just have to choose if you would like centrifugal or twin screw style. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Power Adders
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

As Im learning now, if you want the power, you better be able to put it to the ground.

You can toss on a super for 4-5 k, but then the car has a good trouble handling it. Therefor, I'm just going to take from my old v6 days and work on effieciency and traction before I think about power. Ergo, I'm starting with shifting, gears, suspension, traction, and tuning, and once all that is said and done, I'll toss on a super. Just some food for thought.

Also the 2010 GT gets around 330 hp on 93, I've been reading around that specific tuning gets around 335+. that's still pretty impressive in my book, and again work on the traction and you'll have one quick mean ride, rightly able to take down a 2010 Camaro.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

well guys I have been researching the vortec v3 super charger from Brenspeed that adds about 100 rwhp which I think is a good start. Then I can add as I save my money. I just ordered my all out 93 tune from tillman speed along with adding my charge motion delete plugs so I am hoping that will give me some nice power above the custom 93 tune I got when I got my JLT cai a couple of months ago. I can't decide if I should get the super charger first and then add the long tube headers or vice versa. It will probably take me 3 or 4 months to save for the v3. What is the labor costs for the super charger install and what do you guys thing about that specific super charger? if anyone has a better idea I would love to hear about it. The reason I am going for the power now instead of suspension is because to me it is cheaper to get the suspension parts and as I am already finding out it's getting harder and harder to get the wife to agree with the amount of money I keep donating to the wonderful after market companies.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

A supercharger install is going to run anywhere from $800-$1600.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

How hard is it to install the super charger yourself?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010
GT Member

Quote:
How hard is it to install the super charger yourself?
Depends which one and what your mechanic skills are. I'd imagine roots style are a little easier than centrifiguls (like the Vortech or my Procharger). I could have installed mine in half the time it actually took if it weren't for the poor instructions, or if I didn't have to fool with all the darn coolant hoses, or didn't have to splice in a second fuel pump to my fuel hat, etc etc etc.

Anyway, if you've never installed a like system before as I hadn't, you're going to run into issues that might make you pull your hair out but in the end you'll feel great about it!

Or maybe you just want to avoid potential hassles and hair loss and pony up for a professional install.

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
Classic Member
S197 Member

Agree... Pos displacement s/c are a bit easier.

1965 Mustang Coupe

Quote:
well guys I have been researching the vortec v3 super charger from Brenspeed that adds about 100 rwhp which I think is a good start. Then I can add as I save my money. I just ordered my all out 93 tune from tillman speed along with adding my charge motion delete plugs so I am hoping that will give me some nice power above the custom 93 tune I got when I got my JLT cai a couple of months ago. I can't decide if I should get the super charger first and then add the long tube headers or vice versa. It will probably take me 3 or 4 months to save for the v3. What is the labor costs for the super charger install and what do you guys thing about that specific super charger? if anyone has a better idea I would love to hear about it. The reason I am going for the power now instead of suspension is because to me it is cheaper to get the suspension parts and as I am already finding out it's getting harder and harder to get the wife to agree with the amount of money I keep donating to the wonderful after market companies.

Our V3 package has been very popular due to its price to hp gains. We designed it to be used without the intercooler and provides 8 lbs of boost. It is quite simple to install and labor is only $650 at our newly opened state of the art facility. We also have a complementary guest house available to install customers that is free.

Our kit is installed on hundreds and hundreds of cars all over the world and has been tested on the dyno, at the track, and on the streets by several of our test cars. I would recommend doing the blower before exhaust. The 3V exhaust flows so well that gains on long tubes is very minimal when compared to the blower. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page