A few questions about E-Force blowers 2006 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

A few questions about E-Force blowers 2006 Mustang GT

I am planning on buying an Edelbrock E-force to put on my 06.
I was wondering if I could run it at the 5 psi setting with stock internals and my current bolt ons (listed in sig) and not push the limit with the internals.
I am also wondering if I were to install it myself if I could then drive it to the shop for the tune to be done or if I should have the shop do the install and tune right after?
I am hearing about good tunes being the reason why internals dont go out so where could I get such a good tune (I am from Chicago)?
And finally if I were to get the street legal kit could I eventually put the 2.75" pulley on it or is that only compatible with the competition kit? Thank you.

Black 2006 GT T-2 Torsen Diff, 3.73 gears, FRPP 90MM CAI, SCT X-Cal 3 tuner/ Speed Inc. dyno tune, FRPP catbacks, Steeda Triaxe w/ Hurst stick and T handle, SVT strut mounts, FRPP strut brace, Steeda UDP, JBA long tube headers, JBA O/R H-pipe, CHE LCAs, CHE anti-squat brackets, Steeda adj. UCA, Steeda heavy duty engine mounts, FRPP AC delete, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, Hotchkis swaybars, Corbeau FX1 Pro

DONE: 1968 Convertible PROJECT candy apple red 289 w/ edelbrock 4bbl 600 cfm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010

The 5 psi kit is very safe for stock internals and the E-Force has one of the easiest installs out there. Our kits are turn key and include our custom tunes developed on the dyno, street, and at the track. A custom dyno tune would not even be required. You could also bring it to Brenspeed for the tune, we are not that far. From there you can always upgrade your pulley later down the road. The blowers are the same just different names.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010
KDT
GT Member

+1 on the E force. I have the Brenspeed kit and love it. The standard street kit will get you around 400rwhp. I make 443rwhp with the Brenspeed Stage 0 (6psi) and long tube headers. Either of these will be safe on your stock motor. The installation is very straight forward and relatively easy. The pinning and unpinning wires is kind of difficult if you have not ever done it but once you figure it out, it gets easier. The Brenspeed tune is also great. I had it checked on a dyno and it is very safe.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010
MAK
Apprentice

I am starting to be drawn in by the FORCE for my 2010 GT. If properly installed is the FORCE a solid reliable addition. I have heard with some systems that belt wear issues can occur. How long should a belt last? Thanks for any help.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

If received, an updated tune, with the supercharger it should be ok to drive it to the shop as long as your easy on it. Unless you are going to have a couple of gauges I would take it to a dyno and see your air to fuel ratio and # of boost your making. E-force tends to climb in boost in the higher rpm from what I’ve seen in dyno sheets.

For example you might be running a 5psi kit but you’re making 6-7psi at 6k.

2007Alloy Gt Auto - Vroom Vroom
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010
PONY Member

I've had my E-force on my car for over a year now, and have ZERO problems with it. I installed it myself in my garage in a weekend. I'm running the canned tune from Edelbrock, and i'm very happy. I know that I can have it tuned to get more power out of it, but TRUST me with my stock tires 400+ of more power than the tires can handle. My car is a DD and with winter over ( it snowed 3 inches today ) the car is very drivable in the snow/ rain, as long as you stay out of boost. The PSI does creep up to 6-7 PSI at 6,000, but honestly, how long to you drive you car at 6,000. I hardly ever rev it up past 5,500, theres no reason to with the amount of TQ it puts down. I still have the stock belt on it, but I have noticed that it does squeak a little bit when its cold. Good luck on your choice.

any other questions, feel free to just ask.

Tim

Legend Lime, GT , Tan Leather, Side Air Bags, IUP, Shaker 1000, 5 Speed
Sequential Lights Whooo Hoooo
LL #0018
I know there are faster cars - my penis still works just fine..."
Proud Owner of the New Edelbrock Supercharger, Serial #0001 signed by Vic Edelbrock!!
~pictures in gallery~
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I drag race pretty heavily in the summer months. Does anyone have any experience with this blower and drag racing? Also I plan to go to drag radials this summer, if anyone had radials and this blower what have you found is the best way to launch with this blower.

also can brenspeed email me the tune for my sct sf3? and can i get a discount if i dont want the tuner or the air filter

Black 2006 GT T-2 Torsen Diff, 3.73 gears, FRPP 90MM CAI, SCT X-Cal 3 tuner/ Speed Inc. dyno tune, FRPP catbacks, Steeda Triaxe w/ Hurst stick and T handle, SVT strut mounts, FRPP strut brace, Steeda UDP, JBA long tube headers, JBA O/R H-pipe, CHE LCAs, CHE anti-squat brackets, Steeda adj. UCA, Steeda heavy duty engine mounts, FRPP AC delete, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, Hotchkis swaybars, Corbeau FX1 Pro

DONE: 1968 Convertible PROJECT candy apple red 289 w/ edelbrock 4bbl 600 cfm

Last edited by hotshot; 04-06-2010 at 09:06 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010
KDT
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperstang07 View Post
I drag race pretty heavily in the summer months. Does anyone have any experience with this blower and drag racing? Also I plan to go to drag radials this summer, if anyone had radials and this blower what have you found is the best way to launch with this blower.
I took mine to the local 1/8 mile strip. The best I could do was 8.19 at 91mph on regular street tires. I can get it off the line by slipping the clutch and nailing on a roll out and get a 1.9 60ft. When I hit second, I lose all traction. I'm not going back until I get some drag radials.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Quote:

also can brenspeed email me the tune for my sct sf3? and can i get a discount if i dont want the tuner or the air filter
I know that i am getting money off for already having a tuner for my kit, however i am getting the competition kit which is a mix and match of parts. You can choose to get the compeition kit and mix and match your parts, or get the street legal kit that uses the stock air box, the 3.725 pulley making 5-7.5lbs of boost, 466 flywheel HP and the diablo predator tuner with Edelbrock's tune.

I am getting the competition kit with some things added to it, primarily GT500 fuel pumps, the competition CAI among other things.

Also since you have a 2006, you will need a cooling upgrade part, runs like $140 i think

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

PONY Member

IF you like to drag race , watch the first 40 seconds of this video!

YouTube - Super Size Your EDELBROCK EForce Supercharger

Tim

Legend Lime, GT , Tan Leather, Side Air Bags, IUP, Shaker 1000, 5 Speed
Sequential Lights Whooo Hoooo
LL #0018
I know there are faster cars - my penis still works just fine..."
Proud Owner of the New Edelbrock Supercharger, Serial #0001 signed by Vic Edelbrock!!
~pictures in gallery~

Quote:

We have several built in discounts available. Since you already have a tuner, you can take $200 off the package price. If you pay cash, you will receive another $100 credit. I would recommend running the competition CAI though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page