2009 GT Convertible, better handling and stance - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

2009 GT Convertible, better handling and stance

We have a 2009 GT Convertible (Auto) with about 5k miles. It's my wife's daily driver. She loves it except that she's not big on the super soft suspension setup (coming from a 2006 Evolution MR). She would like it lowered maybe an inch or so for looks, as well as a little bit more confident suspension - something that she can take an on ramp with a decent amount of spirit.

We are not looking to sink 5 grand into it, or make a track car out of it, just some mildly improved handling with the side benefit of closing the fender gaps just a bit.

Any advice? I was planning on just picking up some pro-kit springs from TireRack, but in the searching I have done today, you have to concern yourself with things like pinion alignment. This is all kind of new to me. I've swapped lots of springs etc on other cars I have owned, but I do want to make sure I'm not messing anything up here.

All advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mods you can delete this, I already asked this last year! Geez my mind is going... sorry for the re-post.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
springs , suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page