Vortech V3 kit ordered! 2007 Mustang GT - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
KDT
GT Member

Quote:
An yes I am already an addict!
I know all about it!

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGTvert View Post
Just curious on what is making the "whoosing" sound? Is this the blower or the bypass valve? I can`t tell as it can make this same sound in either on or off throttle situations. I`ve been told that open elemen air filter can cause this sound too because it sucking more air. Not sure if this is true or not.
The bypass valves will make noise when you are off the throttle. They should be closed (and quiet) when you are on the throttle.

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Sorry I cant seem to get the pics to load. I assume they are too large. If there is way to resize or alternate way to post let me know.

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Pics need to be under 1 mb each.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I installed the same thing a couple weeks ago. Did you get it dyno'd yet? My max HP to the wheels was 401.

2008 Mustang GT, Vortech V3, BBK TB, Kooks LT Headers & Catted H, Magnaflows, Hurst Billet Short Throw Shifter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
To the original poster, congrats on the kit and I'm glad to hear it runs great. Any word on the a/f and dyno #s? What psi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzins View Post
I installed the same thing a couple weeks ago. Did you get it dyno'd yet? My max HP to the wheels was 401.
What psi was urs showing with the LTs? Was it an 8lb pulley, I assume it would show 6-7 bc the free flowing headers/exhaust.

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I have an appointment with the chassis dyno scheduled for June 5th and will post my numbers including the A/F ratio. I have the Brenspeed tune that came with the kit so I am expecting around 400hp.

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
Apprentice

Man thats great. I bet it pulls like a animal, i love the way cent's give you that high rpm pull, and more usable power. I know this spells disaster and i don't want to see anyone kill there car but i'd like to see how fast it would be with a zex 75shot and a set of 28x10.5 slicks, with a good 1.5 60" i bet it would get close to 10's... Has anyone done that? I read that Paul's High perf. done a similar combo on a stock bottom end v6 and went 10's.

4.10's,axel exchange driveshaft, 100 dry shot, K&N CAI, diablo custom tunes, cheapest steeda delete plates, drag thrust wheels, hurst shifter, bbk tuned headers-off road x pype-single chamber flowmaster muff, steeda sport springs, upr sway bar delete, Lakewood upper and lowers.
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGT2006 View Post
To the original poster, congrats on the kit and I'm glad to hear it runs great. Any word on the a/f and dyno #s? What psi?

What psi was urs showing with the LTs? Was it an 8lb pulley, I assume it would show 6-7 bc the free flowing headers/exhaust.
Yep, 8lb pulley, the standard non-intercooled kit, but I got up to 10 psi at 6k RPM and max HP.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scanned Image 101240001.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	322.8 KB
ID:	98815  

2008 Mustang GT, Vortech V3, BBK TB, Kooks LT Headers & Catted H, Magnaflows, Hurst Billet Short Throw Shifter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05roush
I got this kit in May '09. Love it. Love it so much I decided to upgrade to the paxton air to air cooler and 3.48" pulley. Now I have to admit installing the air to air cooler and ductwork was a serious PITA. I think it may have taken 2 years off my life. I wish I would have gotten T bolt clamps instead of using the supplied worm clamps as I have had one fail already (under boost the duct work came apart at the silicone coupler). Enjoy fellas. I never did dyno mine yet but hoping to soon.

2005 BLACK Mustang GT Roush #05-0090 of 204 M5,
DOB manifold, m122 SC, gt500 TB, 52lbers, KB BAP, AFCO HE
Brisk plugs, Mac Lt's, Off road x, Roush TVS CAI,
Detroit rocker sc grind cams, Brenspeed 93 tune,
10 psi (2.875" pulley) 479rwhp-433ftlbs sae
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05roush
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzins View Post
Yep, 8lb pulley, the standard non-intercooled kit, but I got up to 10 psi at 6k RPM and max HP.
what kind of dyno was that? Just curious.

2005 BLACK Mustang GT Roush #05-0090 of 204 M5,
DOB manifold, m122 SC, gt500 TB, 52lbers, KB BAP, AFCO HE
Brisk plugs, Mac Lt's, Off road x, Roush TVS CAI,
Detroit rocker sc grind cams, Brenspeed 93 tune,
10 psi (2.875" pulley) 479rwhp-433ftlbs sae
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05roush View Post
I got this kit in May '09. Love it. Love it so much I decided to upgrade to the paxton air to air cooler and 3.48" pulley. Now I have to admit installing the air to air cooler and ductwork was a serious PITA. I think it may have taken 2 years off my life. I wish I would have gotten T bolt clamps instead of using the supplied worm clamps as I have had one fail already (under boost the duct work came apart at the silicone coupler). Enjoy fellas. I never did dyno mine yet but hoping to soon.
What made you decide to with the air/air and not the Vortech air/water intercooler?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page