Procharger Blower Help 2005 GT?? - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
machine64red2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: South Euclid
Posts: 26
 
Angry Procharger Blower Help 2005 GT??

Alright, I want to start off by saying this is my first boosted application, so needless to say I am a rookie. Anyways I have a 2005 GT. I had a Procharger Blower installed @ 10lbs of boost. The car also has dual fuel pumps, 39lb injectors, a GT500 throttle body with spacer, off road h pipe, slp loudmouth cat backs, HTO plugs.... I think thats about it for parts. Anyways I had the system put in last week and I am still waiting for my local Dyno to tune the car. It has the base map tune but has not been tuned on the Dyno. So as I drive the car I honestly am not feeling "boost." Obviously the car is very fast as it is, but for 6k, I expect much more. This package is supposed to make over 500 rwhp. My question for the experts is: What could possibly keep me from making boost? Is it simply a tune issue? I do not have a boost gauge, but could buy one soon. Are there any tests to see if I am making boost? The waste gate isn't fluttering either. Need some advice.....:?:

machine64red2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
 
MeanChad1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,020
 
Send a message via AIM to MeanChad1 Send a message via Skype™ to MeanChad1
Any leaks? The stock tunes that come with the system are not very good at all that could be one of your problems. And your not going to be at 500 to the wheels maybe to the crank.


2003 Mustang GT: Its blown and fully built
MeanChad1 is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
 
mell0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Boxford
Posts: 3,600
 
Send a message via AIM to mell0
you won't go into boost unless the bypass valve closes. to get it to close you need to be at about 3/4 to full throttle. other than that it will feel exactly like your stock setup. and i wouldn't lay into the throttle until it is custom dynoed.

at full throttle and 10psi the car should be a complete animal. mine only makes 350ish rwhp and i spun the tires going into 4th at 95mph at the track a few weeks ago.

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

mell0 is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
 
ITLRUN's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Fall River
Posts: 2,247
 
Most definetly don't put your foot in it, until it's custom dyno tuned no canned tune file or kiss it good-bye, Mike. Sct Tuner.

70 BOSS,with a 71 429 SCJ 8.0:1 compression with an F-3 Pro Charger and 39lbs. of boost. Rectangular Tube Chassis, Custom 17" Magnum 500 Wheels. Just way too much to list, but what a ride. P.S. Hang on tight!!!
ITLRUN is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
 
ITLRUN's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Fall River
Posts: 2,247
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by machine64red2 View Post
Alright, I want to start off by saying this is my first boosted application, so needless to say I am a rookie. Anyways I have a 2005 GT. I had a Procharger Blower installed @ 10lbs of boost. The car also has dual fuel pumps, 39lb injectors, a GT500 throttle body with spacer, off road h pipe, slp loudmouth cat backs, HTO plugs.... I think thats about it for parts. Anyways I had the system put in last week and I am still waiting for my local Dyno to tune the car. It has the base map tune but has not been tuned on the Dyno. So as I drive the car I honestly am not feeling "boost." Obviously the car is very fast as it is, but for 6k, I expect much more. This package is supposed to make over 500 rwhp. My question for the experts is: What could possibly keep me from making boost? Is it simply a tune issue? I do not have a boost gauge, but could buy one soon. Are there any tests to see if I am making boost? The waste gate isn't fluttering either. Need some advice.....:?:
Make sure you run a boost gauge with vacuum, also if the Pro-Charger is a P1SC you're just about blown out at 10 lbs. of boost. A P1SC is good til around 12 lbs. of boost, where as a D1SC with an 8 ribbed pulley set up is good til around 17 to 19 lbs. of boost. And you run the 8 ribbed pulley set-up to prevent belt slippage, Mike. SCT Tuner.

70 BOSS,with a 71 429 SCJ 8.0:1 compression with an F-3 Pro Charger and 39lbs. of boost. Rectangular Tube Chassis, Custom 17" Magnum 500 Wheels. Just way too much to list, but what a ride. P.S. Hang on tight!!!
ITLRUN is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010
Apprentice
5.0L Member
 
93_chargedcobra's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Mt. Vernon
Posts: 171
 
Wait till you get it tuned...if your still not happy send me a pm.
93_chargedcobra is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010
GT Member
 
hubkap's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Falls Church
Posts: 2,250
 
+1 to what everyone said, keep out of the throttle until you get the dyno tune!

plus the canned tune will not account for your GT500 TB which could be causing problems. Your tuner will fix that.

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!

Last edited by hubkap; 04-26-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Added word.
hubkap is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
hotshot's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: West Caldwell
Posts: 12,666
 
Send a message via AIM to hotshot
its a centrifugal supercharger, its builds boost in conjunction with how high your RPM's are. at lower RPM's it will drive exactly like a normal N/A car would, but up high it will be a monster. But like what was stated, stay off the gas till you get it dyno tuned properly.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,


hotshot is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010
Rookie
 
Tre06GTP1SC's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: El Paso
Posts: 17
 
Which Procharger system is it? With a P1SC you'll be around 450-470. I have the P1SC HO kit and I make 14psi.

Oh and I ran the car on the canned tune from Procharger for almost two years with no problems. Drove the piss out of it.
Tre06GTP1SC is offline  
BOSS Member
4.6L Member
 
mell0's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Boxford
Posts: 3,600
 
Send a message via AIM to mell0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLRUN View Post
Make sure you run a boost gauge with vacuum, also if the Pro-Charger is a P1SC you're just about blown out at 10 lbs. of boost. A P1SC is good til around 12 lbs. of boost, where as a D1SC with an 8 ribbed pulley set up is good til around 17 to 19 lbs. of boost. And you run the 8 ribbed pulley set-up to prevent belt slippage, Mike. SCT Tuner.
i dont know about that. i know quite a few guys running 12+ psi on the 6 rib setup with no belt slip.

2002 Procharged GT
351rwhp, 353rwtq
12.503 @ 113.08

mell0 is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
machine64red2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: South Euclid
Posts: 26
 
It is the P1 procharger, I have parked the car prior to taking it to the Dyno. I imagine the lack of boost is being caused because the car is running too lean. I am also looking into gapping the plugs to a tighter gap. I will post the dyno results, but I believe it will make 500+ @ the wheels....
machine64red2 is offline  
GT Member
 
hubkap's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Falls Church
Posts: 2,250
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by machine64red2 View Post
It is the P1 procharger, I have parked the car prior to taking it to the Dyno. I imagine the lack of boost is being caused because the car is running too lean. I am also looking into gapping the plugs to a tighter gap. I will post the dyno results, but I believe it will make 500+ @ the wheels....
I don't think it will quite make 500 rwhp @ 10 psi....but you'll still be pleased.

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
hubkap is offline  
MODERATOR
Classic Member
S197 Member
 
stlwagon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Southern
Posts: 72,881
                 
Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
You could be seeing spark blowout if the plugs are gapped too wide.

1965 Mustang Coupe
stlwagon is offline  
Guest
 
Back@itagain's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by machine64red2 View Post
It is the P1 procharger, I have parked the car prior to taking it to the Dyno. I imagine the lack of boost is being caused because the car is running too lean. I am also looking into gapping the plugs to a tighter gap. I will post the dyno results, but I believe it will make 500+ @ the wheels....
Your Procharger really doesn't care about the air/fuel ratio in the combustion chamber. As long as it is making rpms it will spin. Now your pistons on the other hand they care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Tags
boost , procharger , rwhp , supercharger

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1