just installed a dfx by centerforce clutch - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

just installed a dfx by centerforce clutch

Hi guys,i've just installed yesterday a DFX by centerforce performance clutch...I had driven the car for about 20 miles and the clutch seems more harder to use...Could it become a little bit easier after some miles?thanks a lot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010
PONY Member

Hard to say...I had a centerforce dual friction clutch in my car and I was not a fan at all. The pedal was much harder to press. It does take time to break a clutch in though. You want to do a fair amount of stop and go driving to mate the clutch to the flywheel.

My current Spec 3+ clutch took me a good 700-1000 miles before it smoothed out and now I love it.

300 stroker @ 11:1 compression, FRPP Stage 2 heads, 127300 cams, 4r70W, Kooks 1 3/4" lt's with 3" H mid-pipe, FRPP stinger mufflers, B&M ratchet shifter, UPR LCA's, JPC race UCA. E-Force TVS. Engine built by Everett's specialty repair, tuned by Manuel @ tudyno.com 9.98 @ 136.55 1.39 60'
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

i have just a single friction clutch i think...i drove the car today for about 100 miles and i have to release the pedal very gently..it is very frustrating in the traffic..i hope it become easier or i have to buy a new stock or an easier clutch..

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010
GT Member

Ive never driven in a car with that cltch, but some clutches use a pressure plate with more clamping force so the pedal becomes harder to push. I dont think it will get easier but your leg will get stronger and you could grow used to it. Kinda like when I first got my 94 gt the pedal was alot harder to push then the sticks I was used to driving. Over time I grew used to it.
I use a Roush P51 cltch that uses the stock pressure plate and it is the same as stock as far as pedal feel.
Since you spent so much money on it why not see if you can get used to it.

2005 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red Manual
Saleen Super Shaker 3.4 pulley/Brenspeed Tune
Kooks Longtubes Catted H/FRPP Stingers
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
It should loosen up over time. Never been a fan of Centerforce clutches. Had one in my 93 Cobra and couldn't stand it.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

this is my clutch:Centerforce Clutches the guy who sells to me(modular mustang racing) told me that it was good for a daily driver...well,now i really don't know what to do...my old clutch has to been replaced,so i can't put it over again....i am looking around for another clutch kit...could be good one with dual friction?the driveability could be better?My stang is my daily driver...i don't watn to become crazy in driving..please help this young italian guy!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010
PONY Member

Are you making any large amount of power? If not why not get a new stock clutch?

300 stroker @ 11:1 compression, FRPP Stage 2 heads, 127300 cams, 4r70W, Kooks 1 3/4" lt's with 3" H mid-pipe, FRPP stinger mufflers, B&M ratchet shifter, UPR LCA's, JPC race UCA. E-Force TVS. Engine built by Everett's specialty repair, tuned by Manuel @ tudyno.com 9.98 @ 136.55 1.39 60'
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question

I have just done minor jobs for my horsepower level...like tune+CAI,X-pipe,pulleys...I asked to him something a little bit more performance with a lot of durability but with a very smooth pedal,because the car is my daily driver...and he gaves me this dfx...i just read on the centerforce website the clutch needs 400-500 miles of stop and go before il becomes smootier...My idea was about an entry-level clutch...like a D-Spec stage 1...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010
PONY Member

Most clutches need those kind of miles to break in so just take your time, don't get on it hard when you takeoff and see if you like it after break-in. I hated my spec 3+ until it was broken in, now I love it.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

After the break-in,how it feels?softer than the stock one or a little bit harder?how it is in daily driving?i really don't know what to do...i've found a guy Who is a race-driver in the italian drifting championship Who could retire my clutch and gives to' me a stock one just for 100 for mounting it..but i have more than a week to think over this offer..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page