2007 Mustang Billet Grill Idea - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2007 Mustang Billet Grill Idea

So I want to get a new grill for my car. My first thought was to get the Eleanor grill that matches the lower bumper grill "honey comb" and just call it good. But I have always wanted to get a mustang and some how make it look like the real Eleanor with the upper and lower billet grilles and the fog lights mounted on the bottom. I have only seen one car that has had this done too and it was an 07 Shelby. The guy said he made some bent angle metal brackets that connected to the lower bumper mounts and this is what he mounted the fog lights to. So I was wondering what is involved in mounting the upper fog light delete and lower billet grilles from Mr Body kit.com. This is what the write up says on the website - "NO DRILLING, simply install the grille using factory mounting points. The replacement grille retains the factory radiator cover and factory radiator cover hardware. This grille fits only GT 05-09 Mustangs. Not V6"
I would like to use the factory fog lights to mount to the bottom bumper grille but I am not sure yet on how to go about mounting them. Any ideas or has any one done this on here?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

If I remember, I'll measure the mounting holes on my factory grille I removed last week. The grille is held in place by a total of 8 clips. 2 on each side and four along the bottom. Also the radiator cover clips into the fame and into the grille so that sort of helps hold it in place.

now, to fit the fog lights in the lower grille you might not have enough space. What bumper cover/lower grille are you going to use?

Now I think your going to mimic the car in the nick cage version of gone in 60 seconds, but the 'real Eleanor' was a 73 or 71 mach 1, painted yellow.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elenoorcage.jpg
Views:	28175
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	97275   Click image for larger version

Name:	elenoor.jpg
Views:	1582
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	97276  

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yeah you got me there on the Real eleanor. I am looking to do the Gone In 60 second fog lights. I was thinking of using the billet grille on the bottom also or just leave the stocker in there that has the opening in the middle. When you remove the stock fog lights do they have anyway to mount to brackets or do they only screw into the housings?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

My grille is a regular Billet upper grill from AM. My dad and I bought a pair of shallow back Super sport fog lights from NAPA that are a little small than the stock GT fogs. We grinded the grill enough to recess each foglight into the grill and then made custom brackets out of steel to mount them. I think It looks great! I wanted billet AND center mounted fogs. Topped it off with the vintage style Shelby GT350 emblem. This might be more work than other people want to get into but we had fun messing with it. :yelpleased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_3708.jpg
Views:	2131
Size:	433.8 KB
ID:	97337   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3707.jpg
Views:	3030
Size:	537.6 KB
ID:	97338  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

here is a pic of a stock fog light, compliments of american muscle. there are 4 little arms with holes in them. On the grille are 4 matching holes and you nuse 4 screws to hold this thing to the grille.

the stock gt bumper cover does not have enough room.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fogs.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	97347  

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page