ordering custom tune, need help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

ordering custom tune, need help

i bought the Steeda Complete Cold Air Intake Kit and SCT SF3 Custom Tuner Combo yesterday and got an email from AM regarding my custom tune and vehicle information.
i got caught up in two places and had a question about something mentioned in the email

1. the options for the tune for the CAI give Steeda 80mm and Steeda 90mm options but i dont know which one i have. this is the link to the actual product

2. catalytic converters- default option is no but i have no idea if i have them or not

3. in the email it said i needed to know "Rear Gears and Transmission" but there is nothing in the bama customization form that mentions my transmission

can anyone help?

2007 Mustang GT Convertible (Automatic)
Black with Red leather seats--Shaker 1000 Sound System--Steeda CAI--SCT tuned--SLP LOUDmouth axle-backs--Smoked Covers: headlights, taillights, turn signals--20% tint all around

How rare is my GT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IansBAJ View Post
Well it looks kind of medium rare with that red in the middle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well all new cars come with cats! you have to tell them what gears you have and wether your car is manual or auto! underneath your car in the idle of both wheels you will see the pumpkin and a sticker reading your gear ratio! I suspect it will say 3.31 since its stock I believe! as for what size maf housing comes with you steeda, I would go to their site n check it out1 prolly 90mm cuz 80 i stock(i think) and that cai requires a tune. But yeah that info is a must as well as ur pcm code...

2010 gt premium
Steeda strut tower brace
C&l n CR/AM Tune coming soon
Bassani's muffs
MGW shifter
18'' bullitt style wheels
selling '10 v6 stock wheels and Gt mufflers
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIPHT1 View Post
Well all new cars come with cats! you have to tell them what gears you have and wether your car is manual or auto! underneath your car in the idle of both wheels you will see the pumpkin and a sticker reading your gear ratio! I suspect it will say 3.31 since its stock I believe! as for what size maf housing comes with you steeda, I would go to their site n check it out1 prolly 90mm cuz 80 i stock(i think) and that cai requires a tune. But yeah that info is a must as well as ur pcm code...
Ok well the cats problems is solved but for the gears there's a "stock" option in the drop down menu so I left it but as I said there isn't anything in the whole form that mentioned transmission as fat as auto/manual. I've checked everything in regards to the MAF, the steeda website didn't even give that info but I just sent what I could and hopefully they can help and send another tune if the one I ordered doesn't seem to work

2007 Mustang GT Convertible (Automatic)
Black with Red leather seats--Shaker 1000 Sound System--Steeda CAI--SCT tuned--SLP LOUDmouth axle-backs--Smoked Covers: headlights, taillights, turn signals--20% tint all around

How rare is my GT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IansBAJ View Post
Well it looks kind of medium rare with that red in the middle

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

they'll help you out. just call them and ask for chris rose. he'll take care of ya. just tell him you bought the combo and he will know what to enter.

2010 Performance White Mustang GT
FRRP Hot Rod Cams, CAI+Tune, longtube headers, Steeda intake delete plugs, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel, SLP LM, 3.73 gears, hurst short throw, steeda LCA, Steeda sport springs, gt500 struts, Powerslot rotors, and a bunch of appearance mods
324rwhp 308tq
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

i would imagine 90mm
if you dont have any aftermarket exhaust then i would be 99.9% sure you would still have your cats
also 3.31s are the stock unless you have the premium package and in that case you would have 3.55s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page