Weight reductions... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Weight reductions...

I was thinking about buying a set of race seats, and i can't afford to get a expensive seat, so i was thinking about getting the adj summitt seats, Summitt says they weigh 33lb. How much do the factory leather seats weigh?

4.10's,axel exchange driveshaft, 100 dry shot, K&N CAI, diablo custom tunes, cheapest steeda delete plates, drag thrust wheels, hurst shifter, bbk tuned headers-off road x pype-single chamber flowmaster muff, steeda sport springs, upr sway bar delete, Lakewood upper and lowers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
PONY Member

A LOT. I was amazed when I pulled mine out how heavy the power drivers seat is. If I remember correctly the power seat track is like 30lb itself. It's an estimate but I bet the drivers seat is close to 100lb and the passenger is 70lb.

Only problem with swapping the seats is upsetting the airbag system.

"You can't fix stupid"

Tuned by PowerHouse411
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

I didn't get expensive seats. Got them through Jegs...maybe $200.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-022S.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	98583  

06 Mustang GT, 76mm turbo @ 22lbs boost, built 302, built fuel, 4r70w + transbrake, gutted, 10.0 @ 136 mph in 1/4 (sold 2011)

S550 mercedes, stock, daily driver

previoulsy owned
2002 viper gts
2006 viper coupe
2013 srt viper base (track package)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I took almost 40 pounds out of my drivers seat this year. No mods to the seat required. I just put my fat rump on a diet. LOL! I hope to have another 30 pounds gone by the end of October.

'08 Vapor Silver V6 Pony package
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I haven't thought about ditching my stock seats. That's a lot of weight. How do you get around the air bag issues. Cause the passenger turns off if the passenger is under a certain weight. I have looked at seats but mine are comfy and I would want something perferably more comfortable if I did a swap.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicsteve View Post
I didn't get expensive seats. Got them through Jegs...maybe $200.
Not bad for $200, Im looking for those now, are they comfortable?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
Apprentice

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by redruder View Post
I haven't thought about ditching my stock seats. That's a lot of weight. How do you get around the air bag issues. Cause the passenger turns off if the passenger is under a certain weight. I have looked at seats but mine are comfy and I would want something perferably more comfortable if I did a swap.
I'm thinking about removing passenger seat on track days. Can I just unbolt it & take it out or will airbag be affected. Don't have P/S airbags, just dash. Thanks

06' GT Auto, Whipple H/O 10#, custom tuned, 3k Circle D converter, Shaftmaster D/S, BMR loop, 3:73's, Street - 18 x 10 Nitto NTO5R 315/40/18, Track - Racestar 10" w/MT ET Street Radial Pro 275/60/15: Steeda LCA, relocation brackets, comp. adj. upper 3rd link, panhard bar w/HD brace, Trutrac, BMR K-member, A-arms & radiator support, SLP line lock, 6 pt. roll bar, V6 struts, V6 rear springs, Roush exhaust, Powerslot slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads. 1/4 mile: 11.121, 1.571 60' @ 121.80
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Not bad for $200, Im looking for those now, are they comfortable
Quite comfortable. Alas, it's the rest of the car that's taken a dump in the comfort department (a/c removed, sound system removed, NHRA cage, noise level in the 100+ decibel range etc etc etc.)

06 Mustang GT, 76mm turbo @ 22lbs boost, built 302, built fuel, 4r70w + transbrake, gutted, 10.0 @ 136 mph in 1/4 (sold 2011)

previoulsy owned
2002 viper gts
2006 viper coupe
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ahh forensicsteve i wish i had the money to make a dedicated drag car out of my 06. The seats don't look bad, i would like to get black ones for my car. How hard is the install?

4.10's,axel exchange driveshaft, 100 dry shot, K&N CAI, diablo custom tunes, cheapest steeda delete plates, drag thrust wheels, hurst shifter, bbk tuned headers-off road x pype-single chamber flowmaster muff, steeda sport springs, upr sway bar delete, Lakewood upper and lowers.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

If i bought a lite weight battery like a Dyna bat, with two of those race seats and the mods i got listed in my sig what e.t. in the 1/4 do some you guys think i should run?

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
wish i had the money to make a dedicated drag car out of my 06
Buy one that is already there. Half the cost of going through the process.

Don't do any of the work on the car...must have been an easy install though...took very little time with no issues.

previoulsy owned
2002 viper gts
2006 viper coupe
Apprentice

WOW... Seats are heavy!! lol

Roush Front Bumper w/ Black Splitter, Cervinis Eleanor Window Louvers, AM Black Thrust Deep Dish 20" wheels, Halo Headlights w/ LEDs, Cervinis Eleanor Hood, and Billet upper grill, BBK LTs w/ Catted X pipe, SLP Loudmouth Axle Back Exhaust, GMS Pro Series Coil Packs, Vortech Supercharger, Snow Performance Water/Meth Injection, Hurst Short-throw, and Auto Meter Boost, Oil Press., and Air/Fuel Ratio Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page