Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang GT Tech (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/)
-   -   05 GT Diablosport Predator Tuning Issues (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/235817-05-gt-diablosport-predator-tuning-issues.html)

ThinBlueLine 05-14-2010 04:00 PM

05 GT Diablosport Predator Tuning Issues

Okay, this is getting a little insane. A few years ago, I purchased a Diablosport Predator tuner. Before I go any further, please do not insert "you should have gotten an SCT" jokes. If I knew then what I know now, I would have.... but I didn't. Diablosport seemed to be very reputable and had the options I needed at the time. But it seems that I am pretty much stuck with a $379 handheld hunk of plastic.
Now, I want to have my longtubes and Hpipe installed, but want to have the tune done first, so that I can get the most out of the mod and not have engine codes, etc. The problem is that I cannot find ANYONE to tune the Diablosport. Bamachips used to, but now that they are with AM, they don't.... Brenspeed doesn't mess with them either.
Can anyone recommend a good tuner that can write a custom tune for a lightly modded car (gears, CAI, LT, Hpipe) using the Diablosport Predator? I want to get away from the canned tune. It was nice at first, but after hearing how well other member's cars run, I want more.
I welcome any and all suggestions, but please do not turn this into a "Thinblueline bashing session" because of the brand that I chose.

gazstang07 05-14-2010 04:21 PM

Last year i had Kooks LT headers and Xpipe fitted and with my SCT Xcal tuner went to a place who fitted the pipes then used the tuner and a dyno to get me from 268-301RWHP. I feel your pain as when i first got the tuner and started to use it on my own it didnt work out, probably because i didnt have any experiance using it. Not really much help i know but thought i would mention having it dyno tuned by someone might not be a bad idea. FYI it cost me $250 for the dyno tune. I have before and after videos if your interested.

ThinBlueLine 05-14-2010 05:53 PM

That is not actually a bad idea and I have considered it... Just wish that there were more options for the Predator. And video clips are always welcome!!!

gmantheman 05-14-2010 11:25 PM

Eric Brooks from Brooks Speed - Custom Ford, GM, Dodge Tuning does email tunes for the diablo. He is actually one of the best tuners. Also powerhouse racing and performance Powerhouse Racing and Performance (PHRP) tunes for diablo as well. Eric Brooks does a lot of the tuning for this company as well. And there is modular depot. High Performance Solutions - Modular Depot - Your source for Modular Performance parts and service
Both powerhouse racing and performance and modular depot are vendors on this site.

gazstang07 05-15-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine (Post 2062581)
That is not actually a bad idea and I have considered it... Just wish that there were more options for the Predator. And video clips are always welcome!!!

If you go to youtube and search for gazstang07 i have all my videos on there. In particular the before and after installation of my Kooks.