05 GT Diablosport Predator Tuning Issues - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Question 05 GT Diablosport Predator Tuning Issues

Okay, this is getting a little insane. A few years ago, I purchased a Diablosport Predator tuner. Before I go any further, please do not insert "you should have gotten an SCT" jokes. If I knew then what I know now, I would have.... but I didn't. Diablosport seemed to be very reputable and had the options I needed at the time. But it seems that I am pretty much stuck with a $379 handheld hunk of plastic.
Now, I want to have my longtubes and Hpipe installed, but want to have the tune done first, so that I can get the most out of the mod and not have engine codes, etc. The problem is that I cannot find ANYONE to tune the Diablosport. Bamachips used to, but now that they are with AM, they don't.... Brenspeed doesn't mess with them either.
Can anyone recommend a good tuner that can write a custom tune for a lightly modded car (gears, CAI, LT, Hpipe) using the Diablosport Predator? I want to get away from the canned tune. It was nice at first, but after hearing how well other member's cars run, I want more.
I welcome any and all suggestions, but please do not turn this into a "Thinblueline bashing session" because of the brand that I chose.

"Ghostrider..... this is Mustang, requesting a flyby..."

After a clock of 108 in a 55, the trooper said "Boy... I been waiting on you all day"... I grinned and said "Well, I got here as fast as I could!!"

Silver 05 GT Premium 5 spd, Red Shelby stripes
MMR CAI, Longtube headers, O/R H, Diablosport Predator, 4:10's, Hurst Competition Plus shifter.... Detroit Rocker Cams coming soon!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Last year i had Kooks LT headers and Xpipe fitted and with my SCT Xcal tuner went to a place who fitted the pipes then used the tuner and a dyno to get me from 268-301RWHP. I feel your pain as when i first got the tuner and started to use it on my own it didnt work out, probably because i didnt have any experiance using it. Not really much help i know but thought i would mention having it dyno tuned by someone might not be a bad idea. FYI it cost me $250 for the dyno tune. I have before and after videos if your interested.

2007 Mustang GT Roush Stage 1 w/2.6 Kenne Bell, Kooks LT & X-pipe 430RWHP
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

That is not actually a bad idea and I have considered it... Just wish that there were more options for the Predator. And video clips are always welcome!!!

"Ghostrider..... this is Mustang, requesting a flyby..."

After a clock of 108 in a 55, the trooper said "Boy... I been waiting on you all day"... I grinned and said "Well, I got here as fast as I could!!"

Silver 05 GT Premium 5 spd, Red Shelby stripes
MMR CAI, Longtube headers, O/R H, Diablosport Predator, 4:10's, Hurst Competition Plus shifter.... Detroit Rocker Cams coming soon!!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010
GT Member

Eric Brooks from Brooks Speed - Custom Ford, GM, Dodge Tuning does email tunes for the diablo. He is actually one of the best tuners. Also powerhouse racing and performance Powerhouse Racing and Performance (PHRP) tunes for diablo as well. Eric Brooks does a lot of the tuning for this company as well. And there is modular depot. High Performance Solutions - Modular Depot - Your source for Modular Performance parts and service
Both powerhouse racing and performance and modular depot are vendors on this site.

RIP 2006 Mustang GT
New Ride 04 Pontiac GTO
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post
That is not actually a bad idea and I have considered it... Just wish that there were more options for the Predator. And video clips are always welcome!!!
If you go to youtube and search for gazstang07 i have all my videos on there. In particular the before and after installation of my Kooks.

2007 Mustang GT Roush Stage 1 w/2.6 Kenne Bell, Kooks LT & X-pipe 430RWHP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page