dyno tuner in ky - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

dyno tuner in ky

Are there any good dyno tuners in Ky? i heard of one in owensboro but heard not to go there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Check out Modular Depot in Florence Ky. They are listed in the marketplace forum.

09 Gt Auto Performance White
Mods C&L Racer CAI, SCT X3 Tuner with Breenspeed 93 octane tune, Boom tubes J&M LCA, Adjustable UCA, & Panhard Bar, Gt500 Shocks & Struts FRPP K Springs 18x10&18x9 Godspeed stealth Omegas Nitto 555 rubber
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010
Rookie
S197 Member

Modular Depot is located right behind the Florence Mall. Be careful if you go to them. Make sure you know what you are talking about. I sent them an email about getting a tune for a JLT CAI and they said they could do it. The sales rep wanted me to book some time on the dyno for $500.00+ so he could write a custom tune. From reading some of the threads here, I don't think a custom tune for a CAI is absolutely necessary. I would book a custom tune if I had more mods, but not for a CAI. I am going with AM's JLT CAI and SCT combo. The SCT will come with a Bama tune written specifically for a mustang gt with JLT CAI.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010
MACH I Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump_daddy33 View Post
Modular Depot is located right behind the Florence Mall. Be careful if you go to them. Make sure you know what you are talking about. I sent them an email about getting a tune for a JLT CAI and they said they could do it. The sales rep wanted me to book some time on the dyno for $500.00+ so he could write a custom tune. From reading some of the threads here, I don't think a custom tune for a CAI is absolutely necessary. I would book a custom tune if I had more mods, but not for a CAI. I am going with AM's JLT CAI and SCT combo. The SCT will come with a Bama tune written specifically for a mustang gt with JLT CAI.
I've been a customer and friend of MD since 2006 and am very pleased with all their services. I believe what you may have been quoted was the package deal, CAI, Tuner and Dyno Tune. All that for $500 is pretty good where I come from, considering the SCT X3 Tuner runs $400 and a good JLT CAI can run between $200-$250 as well. MD co-owner and tuner, Ken Bjonnes is one of the top Modular Engine tuners in USA. He just accepted a position with Diablosport running their Software Tuning Dept. Dave Blundel, the primary Dyno Tuner now at MD has been working with Ken for the past couple of years learning his tuning tricks and skills to add to his own. A dyno tune is the best tune you can get for your car, understanding that each car is different and no two are a like. A canned/mail order tune is good and most of that depends on the provider. Some shops are better than others, some are worst. If you want the best for your car, and most of us do, a dyno tune is the best way to go. Its a unique one of a kind tune, just for your car based on all the parameters at the time of the tune.

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010
Apprentice

You can sign up on kyhorsepower.com and take a look. Several tuning shops guys post and advertise on their forums.

Dougs 91 Race Tune with CAI/ Pypes Violators/ FRPP 3.73 Gears/Roush UDPs/ '70 Style Mach1 Treatment/Synthetic Fluids/Best run: 13.33 at 104 MPH on stock tires (87 degrees/moderate humidity) before UDPs, new 93 tune and more practice. Hoping for 12.9 now.
Other Hot Rod-- Matching Numbers Arctic White 1971 Buick GSX 455 with 62,000 original miles.
2004 Silverado DD.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump_daddy33 View Post
I'm sorry you came away with the impression that you had to get a dyno tune. We always try to give our customers the best product that we can and when it comes to tuning we believe that a tune written specifically for your car on the dyno is the best product available. Also, while I didn't see the original email that $500 should have included a hand held tuner in that price. $500 just for a dyno tune on a Mustang with a CAI is completely wrong.

Can we write you a tune without putting your car on the dyno? Absolutely, and it will be a good tune.

Can we get you better results from actually having the car here and
custom tailoring it to your car.
Yes we can. Every Mustang runs a little different than the other and the best way to deal with that is to have the car on the dyno.

I hope you will give us another chance when you are ready for more mods.

Greg Brown
Modular Depot
8025 Action Blvd.
Florence, Kentucky USA 41042
(877) 234-5551
2004 Great Lakes American Iron Champ
2005 Great Lakes American Iron Extreme Champ
NASA Great Lakes American Iron series director
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

I've got a c&l racer intake, mac lts, flownasters, 4.10 gears and a sct tuner. Will getting a dyno tune up there be worth the money over my chris rose 93 oct tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page