Emissions Help I am all out of ideas - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Emissions Help I am all out of ideas

My inspection date came up and I knew that I needed to get the emissions tune to pass so I called Tillman, unfiortunatly it was when the whole Cris Rose switching to AM Crap happened.

Could't get the tune from Tillman becuase they kept saying there tuner was on vacation and then called and E-mailed Chris Rose at AM to get the tune he sent the tune with the wrong Serial number their was an O instead of an 0 figured no prob quick fix over a week later still nothing fun right called and talked to him three times reminding him that I needed it still no dice.

I then said screw him tried to get inspected with the NA race tune from Tillman and failed I switched the intake back to stock loaded a preloaded SCT tune with the 02 sensors on went back about 70 miles later failed again I drove another 70 to 100 and failed for the third time but thats not the funny thing heres what I failed.

1st Time-Catalyst not Completed, Evap System Not Completed -
2 Faults

2nd Time-Catalyst not Completed, 02 Sensor not Completed, 02 heater not completed -3 Faults

3rd Time- Catalyst, 02 Sensor, 02 Sensor Heater, and Evap system not completed -4 faults WTF

I switched back to full stock configure as far as the PCM goes and plan to drive the hell out of it back and forth here and there to complete the driving cycle this crap is killing me.

Any Ideas on what the problem may be would help more than you know and sorry for making this thread so damn long.

2008 Mustang GT, On3Performance Turbo Kit 9 PSI, , LFP 4in One Piece DS, MMR Rear Coil Overs, Competition Engineering 3 Way ajustable Rear Shocks, WOT Box, 3:73 gears, B&M LCA

PB [email protected], [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter87 View Post
My inspection date came up and I knew that I needed to get the emissions tune to pass so I called Tillman, unfiortunatly it was when the whole Cris Rose switching to AM Crap happened.

Could't get the tune from Tillman becuase they kept saying there tuner was on vacation and then called and E-mailed Chris Rose at AM to get the tune he sent the tune with the wrong Serial number their was an O instead of an 0 figured no prob quick fix over a week later still nothing fun right called and talked to him three times reminding him that I needed it still no dice.

I then said screw him tried to get inspected with the NA race tune from Tillman and failed I switched the intake back to stock loaded a preloaded SCT tune with the 02 sensors on went back about 70 miles later failed again I drove another 70 to 100 and failed for the third time but thats not the funny thing heres what I failed.

1st Time-Catalyst not Completed, Evap System Not Completed -
2 Faults

2nd Time-Catalyst not Completed, 02 Sensor not Completed, 02 heater not completed -3 Faults

3rd Time- Catalyst, 02 Sensor, 02 Sensor Heater, and Evap system not completed -4 faults WTF

I switched back to full stock configure as far as the PCM goes and plan to drive the hell out of it back and forth here and there to complete the driving cycle this crap is killing me.

Any Ideas on what the problem may be would help more than you know and sorry for making this thread so damn long.
Your emissions tune file has been sent. I have been swamped and apologize for the delay. Your first files were turned around very quickly, I'm sorry about the serial number mixup. The serial number that I sent you was the one on file, no idea why it was wrong. The 0 and O look identical on the back of the programmer. It happens.

If you have any questions, please contact me via email. I ask that you please contact me that way about and Tillman Speed updates as I'm doing them for free in my time off (nights and weekends) when it's not really my responsibility anyway. I cannot have this interfering with my day-to-day operations here at AM and I hope you understand. If this was a purchase through AM it would have been done within 72hours.

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Gratzi

Hopefully going back to completly stock tune will do the trick and screw up my spedo a little at the same time due to gears. If not I will reload the emissions tune for the 5th and hopefully final time.

I would do it now but I have put at least 40 miles on the car since the inspection and dont want to reset the computer again.

Thank you for the tunes I appreciate it very much I am just stressing becuase I am over due on inspection and my regisration is expired so you see why this was important.

In the future I will most likely be tuned by as dyno due to the upcoming mods being cams and turbo but if I need a E-mail tune or know someone that does I will be sure to use AM hell I use them for parts due to great shipping.

Once again thanks for coming though wish you the best at AM.

2008 Mustang GT, On3Performance Turbo Kit 9 PSI, , LFP 4in One Piece DS, MMR Rear Coil Overs, Competition Engineering 3 Way ajustable Rear Shocks, WOT Box, 3:73 gears, B&M LCA

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

I had this damn car

Okay I was going to get rreinspected today after riding around stock for 2 days and my check engine light came on for the same crap about to retune with the Emisions tune from Chris Rose and pray that the check engine light doesn't come on.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
You may need to accomplish this.
Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
Site Sponsor

Load the emissions tune that I sent you. Drive approximately 50 miles (not just highway, but stoplight, etc.) Done deal.

Or do what stlwagon posted above, which will make the process alot faster and easier.

Chris

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Do I load the Emissions Tune with the Stock Intake etc or Can I put back on my JLT Intake .

Thanks guys this is a pain in the ass this will be the fifth attempt.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post

If you have any questions, please contact me via email. I ask that you please contact me that way about and Tillman Speed updates as I'm doing them for free in my time off (nights and weekends) when it's not really my responsibility anyway. I cannot have this interfering with my day-to-day operations here at AM and I hope you understand. If this was a purchase through AM it would have been done within 72hours.
this would be what I'd call going above and beyond during a tough transition period! Two thumbs up for CR

and I've never even used him...but it shows some people care and do what they can do

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
MACH I Member

I got d:kooky:izzy after step 5 good luck w/ the inspection. I have failed the 1st attempt 2x before because I didn't drive enough. 50-100 does it for me.

2005 GT coupe
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Gratzi I pray I pass going to try tomorrow or maybe friday the tune is loaded but can I put back onmy JLT.

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

If none of that works, you might want to just get a dyno tune done. What a PITA makes me glad that I don't have to deal with emissions testing. You might want to rethink a turbo if you are having this much trouble. The only one that I've seen that is emission compliant is STS. The rest of them either move the cats or delete them. Make sure you check before dropping that kind of money down.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member

Its a custom build

Quote:
Originally Posted by redruder View Post
If none of that works, you might want to just get a dyno tune done. What a PITA makes me glad that I don't have to deal with emissions testing. You might want to rethink a turbo if you are having this much trouble. The only one that I've seen that is emission compliant is STS. The rest of them either move the cats or delete them. Make sure you check before dropping that kind of money down.
Cats are staying and i am going to transfer by Registration to CA since I dont live their I wont have to get inspected, I am Military stationed in NC but my home of record is San Diego CA.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redruder View Post
What a PITA makes me glad that I don't have to deal with emissions testing.
redruder, I see your profile says you're in Virginia, is your car registered eleswhere, or how come you don't need emissions testing like most of the rest of us Virginians?

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
Apprentice

If Florida ever implements emission testing I will cry.

I've been fortunate that Florida and Louisiana both DO NOT have emission testing.

The only two states I've held a drivers license in.

2009 Shelby GT500
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
If Florida ever implements emission testing I will cry.

I've been fortunate that Florida and Louisiana both DO NOT have emission testing.

The only two states I've held a drivers license in.
I remember in Fla. you had to go to an inspection building and get inspected. if you checked out you could then get your insurance. Something like that I forget, but it was a pain to sit in the long lines waiting. That was done away with years ago.

2005 GT coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page