Pypes Violators - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Pypes Violators

Thinking about changing my stock mufflers to the Pypes Violators. Anyone have input good or bad on these? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

pypes has a very limited life and after about 10k they make you sound like a rice burner.... I'd reccomend that you save up a few extra dollars and go with flowmaster or magnaflow

mods: sct tune, jlt cai, flowmaster axle backs, sequentials
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Where on earth did you come up with that? There's nothing wrong with Violators.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
Rookie

i'm personally not a fan of them at all. save up some more money for borla/frpp stingers, bassanis, and maybe even SLP's because they sound a hell of a lot better than those violators.

2008 GT VERT
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Where on earth did you come up with that? There's nothing wrong with Violators.
+1 - I was thinking the same thing....

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I had Stingers on the car.

They sounded great at idle and WOT but droned something fierce at highway speeds.

After a few months I had to take them off the car. They were driving me nuts.

I have Violators with Dynamax resonators on the car now. They are perfect for me.

Just yesterday I had a guy in a BMW pull up next to me at a light and ask me what brand mufflers I had on the car. He told me it was the best sounding Mustang he's heard.

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have had Violators for almost 3 years now. I love them. Sound great. Get compliments all the time. Added the Pypes LT headers and h-pipe with hi-flow cats. Love it now!

2007 GT Coupe, Auto, Black, Dark Charc. Leather Interior
332 rwhp
307 torque
Mods: Exterior:18x9 front 18x10 rear DD Chrome Bullitt, Nitto 555's, GT/CS side scoops, CDC Classic Chin, Clear Side Markers Exhaust: Pypes LT Headers, Hi-Flow Cats, H pipe and Violators Engine: C&L Street (Chromed) w/ Brenspeed tunes, Chrome Valve Covers, MWG painted radiator cover and extensions, Custom polished/engraved strut tower covers, Chrome fuse box cover, billett fluid caps
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
Rookie

I love mine..they're just unruly enough to put a smile on my face without being too loud. They seem to give the car a little different sound than most of the other Mustangs I've heard.

The only issue I've noticed with mine is that they tend to collect water. I think a little drain hole somewhere would be helpful.

Installation was pretty easy. I did end up having to adjust the mid-pipes to get the tips centered in the bumper, but that was pretty easy. I definitely recommend them..can't beat the price!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
yep i also had them on my 2007 v6,changed to dual with the violators. they sounded great,and held up well.
last time i checked they were stainless steel! right?:?:
anyway i never had an issue, good luck

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddman45 View Post
pypes has a very limited life and after about 10k they make you sound like a rice burner.... I'd reccomend that you save up a few extra dollars and go with flowmaster or magnaflow
Where did you get that info. I've had flowmasters and the drone drove me crazy. I had the Violators and loved them, but changed over to Pype Bombs when I went to LTs and an X-pipe.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
Apprentice

Almost 3 years with Violators and no problems.

Dougs 91 Race Tune with CAI/ Pypes Violators/ FRPP 3.73 Gears/Roush UDPs/ '70 Style Mach1 Treatment/Synthetic Fluids/Best run: 13.33 at 104 MPH on stock tires (87 degrees/moderate humidity) before UDPs, new 93 tune and more practice. Hoping for 12.9 now.
Other Hot Rod-- Matching Numbers Arctic White 1971 Buick GSX 455 with 62,000 original miles.
2004 Silverado DD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page