add Synch or a Navigation and Sirrus system to my 2010 GT Coupe - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Post add Synch or a Navigation and Sirrus system to my 2010 GT Coupe

I recently purchases a base 2010 GT Coupe and want to add satellite and GPS system to the car and I love it. It currently has a Shaker 500 system. The dealer wants 500 to activate the Sirrus Satellite capability to the car which include the deck lid mount and some wiring. I am looking for options, the dealer seems to believe that I can't add synch. I went to a local auto audio shop and don't feel like I got anything more than a classic upsell for an expensive system I don't want.

If anyone has any thoughts on some other methods to get blue tooth and GPS capability thanks in advance for the info!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010
PONY Member

My stang came with Factory sirius and Nav, and it works seemlesly, very good integration between them. My 2008 Expedition came with the factory radio and I had a Pioneer AVIC-900BT installed by a small shop, the integration is not smooth. It would be difficult for someone not trained and experienced with the unit to get in and change radio sources and select destinations, or make a change on the fly. The bluetooth aspect works pretty well IMO on the Pioneer. Of coarse after I bought the Pioneer and started to learn about all of it's idiosynchrities I discovered that the pricier Kenmore Units may have been a better solution for me, for the ease of use aspect. The Pioneer also lets you add Sirius as a add on module, but I have mixed reviews about it.

One last note about the aftermarket Units, and this is something that I never even thought about as an option or something that wouldn't automatically come on expensive new equipment. It is the current Artist and Song Title info that terrestrial radio plays does not show up on the Pioneer as standard option, and I was pretty irritated about that. I believe it is possible to have with a different module though.

08 GT Vert, Manual, PerfWhite, RedLeather, ClothTop, I-UP, ActiveAlarm, HID's, HeatedSeats, Scoop, Sirius, FoMoNav, 18"PolishedBullitt's, AmbientLights, GentexMirror(Electro/Comp/Temp/Homelink), JaegerFlaps, CPCHoodlifts, CDCWindDeflector, FRPPCAI/Tune, Shelby/Drake STB, JLTOilSep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page