Shaker hood scoop question. 2006 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Shaker hood scoop question. 2006 Mustang GT

I am about to pull the trigger on my next appearance mod, a CDC shaker scoop. I know it is just for looks, but I really like the look, so I am going for it. Now, I do have a few questions for anyone who currently has one. I try not to use the Mustang for bad weather driving, I have a department Crown Vic for commuting and emergency calls/investigations, and most family trips are with the wifes Freestyle AWD, but I occasionaly do have to be out in bad weather. If I do get cought in heavy rain or (god forbid) snow, is there going to be a problem with the shaker? I have an MMR CAI, so the air won't be directly piped into the stock airbox, I THINK it should be OK, but any advice would be appreciated. And where is the best place to get one (best meaning cheapest).

Thanks,
John

'06 GT, silver Boss stripes, CDC Shaker, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, MMR CAI, XCAL2 with 93 Octane tune, Sequential Tailights, Flowmaster AT axlebacks, Silverstars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010
Rookie

I don't have a CDC shaker but I do have the Saleen Supershaker Supercharger. I have no issues with the rain and it is my DD. The Saleen setup is more direct line than the CDC. You should be fine.

2006GT triple black with Saleen Supershaker
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have the CDC Shaker Hood with a S&B CAI. It was installed by Regency. I have driven my Mustang in heavy downpours at 60 mph with no problems. Just search for CDC Shaker Hood. The only problem I have found with the hood is that if you need to get to anything on the motor you will need to remove the hood and the two bolts that have to be removed are hard to get to.

2007 Regency Mustang GT Premium - Auto, Satin Silver/Black, Brenspeed Tune, CDC Shaker with S&B CAI , Complete CDC Body Kit, Steeda Under Drive Pulleys, Motive 3.90 Rear Gears, Shorty Headers, Foose Chrome Nitrous Wheels with Yokohama Parada Spec-X Tires: 255/40R20 front; 275/40R20 rear, SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhausts, Comp Cams Stage 2 XFI VSR Camshafts

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Hi Bearbone, do you mean you have to remove the scoop or the hood itself?

John

'06 GT, silver Boss stripes, CDC Shaker, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, MMR CAI, XCAL2 with 93 Octane tune, Sequential Tailights, Flowmaster AT axlebacks, Silverstars
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by John inNH View Post
I am about to pull the trigger on my next appearance mod, a CDC shaker scoop. I know it is just for looks, but I really like the look, so I am going for it. Now, I do have a few questions for anyone who currently has one. I try not to use the Mustang for bad weather driving, I have a department Crown Vic for commuting and emergency calls/investigations, and most family trips are with the wifes Freestyle AWD, but I occasionaly do have to be out in bad weather. If I do get cought in heavy rain or (god forbid) snow, is there going to be a problem with the shaker? I have an MMR CAI, so the air won't be directly piped into the stock airbox, I THINK it should be OK, but any advice would be appreciated. And where is the best place to get one (best meaning cheapest).

Thanks,
John
It'll be fine... Been running one for years with no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbone View Post
I have the CDC Shaker Hood with a S&B CAI. It was installed by Regency. I have driven my Mustang in heavy downpours at 60 mph with no problems. Just search for CDC Shaker Hood. The only problem I have found with the hood is that if you need to get to anything on the motor you will need to remove the hood and the two bolts that have to be removed are hard to get to.
Not necessary... Cut the bottom off those two front eyes and just slip them over the throttle body bolt heads. Easy on/easy off!

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks STL, I was hoping you would chime in. So only the scoop needs to come off, not the hood, I get it now.

John

post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010
Rookie
S197 Member

Have had the CDC Shaker now for almost a year. Driven in rain, Snow, Ice, no problem. It is also not just for looks. Although I have not dyno'd, I do feel a good increase in power stepping on it above 40 MPH.

Chris
-----------------------
2008 Performance White V6 Vert Mach 1 Tribute
CDC Shaker, FRPP duals with x pipe, NTO Black Leather seats, tri pony floor mats, sequnential tail lights, Mach 1 badges, Graphic Express Gold stripes, C&L CAI & 91/93 Performance/Race Tunes.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Thanks STL, I was hoping you would chime in. So only the scoop needs to come off, not the hood, I get it now.

John
Correct... Mine technically just sits on top of the intake manifold. The closed hood is what keeps it snugly in place. Been that way for almost 3 years with no issues.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks guys, I plan on ordering in 2 weeks.

Classic Member
S197 Member

Best 'show' mod that I've made! Enjoy.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
S197 Member

The only thing I would suggest is to cut the stupid shroud down. It covers up wayyyy too much of the engine. You could do it like STL did or leave the MUSTANG emblems on the sides (like I did). This gets rid of the removal problem. All you need is an 8mm socket and a flat head screw driver for easy removal.l

-------------------------------------------
2006 Vista Blue "Mach 1", Auto, N/A
-------------------------------------------
Too much to list and nothing really that great. If interested check out my profile.
------------------------------------------------------------
Numbers are just that...numbers.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Mine is completely shroudless. Just a skeleton of its former self.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Hey STL, do you have a picture of how you did that? I agree the cover is just a lot of plastic.

John

Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Hey STL, do you have a picture of how you did that? I agree the cover is just a lot of plastic.

John
Pics in my gallery. I just trimmed all the excess plastic off and finished it off with some weather stripping.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks STL, I checked your pics and see what you mean. Next question, where can I get the emblems for the side of the scoop (either 281 or 4.6).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page