Streetfighter Ratchet shifter install - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Streetfighter Ratchet shifter install

Wondering about this streetfighter ratchet shifter. Is it hard to install. Could a normal person with fat hands install this thing or what?

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Its a pretty simple install, just the one cable you need to jack the car up for to get at. My club has a few people that run this shifter and they love them

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Yes it's really easy. The hardest part is the clip underneath, just take your time, it's hard to explain but once you figure it out it's pretty easy.

I installed mine last Spring and love it. I didn't like the TCI handle so I put something in it's place, it's 1/2x20 thread and some guys have installed a ball for a more traditional look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X010.JPG
Views:	2112
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	100639   Click image for larger version

Name:	X009.JPG
Views:	457
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	100640  

"Geezer Club"

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

cool thanks for the responses! I will have to think about doin that mod cool car Casey!

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IansBAJ View Post
cool thanks for the responses! I will have to think about doin that mod cool car Casey!

Thanks... you can mount anything for the handle you can drill and tap to 1/2 x 20.

"Geezer Club"
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey4s View Post
Yes it's really easy. The hardest part is the clip underneath, just take your time, it's hard to explain but once you figure it out it's pretty easy.
Took me 15/20 minutes to do this part. Once i figured out how the clip worked it was a 10 second job.

06 Vista Blue Premium GT, Automatic, CDC Shaker Hood System, Pioneer AVIC Z2 DVD/ Navigation System with Rear View Camera, Rear Window Louvers, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, SHR Honeycomb Panel,SHR Flush Mount Louvers, Stainless Tail light Bezels, FRPP Stingers, 3D Carbon Side Scoops, C&L Street CAI, SCT X2 W/ 93 Street-Race Tune, Sequential Turn Signals, CDC Hood Struts, TCI Street Fighter Shifter

Member MCOH & MCA
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010
Rookie

wow casey4s looks real good. im thinking about installing one as well. but my real question is what exactly did you install into the front cup holder? looks like a key relocation with a push button start attached. If so, then where can I get one?! haha
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLemon9292 View Post
wow casey4s looks real good. im thinking about installing one as well. but my real question is what exactly did you install into the front cup holder? looks like a key relocation with a push button start attached. If so, then where can I get one?! haha
Thanks for the nice comment.

The cup holder has my rocker switch for my Hi Speed fan activation, and the red button is my line lock. The KEY is a "valet" key, it arms the line lock but I can pull the key to keep an unathorized person from doing burn outs in my car.

I made another toggle a few days ago from the TCI lockout toggle and I removed 3/8" from the shaft for the toggle to lower it somewhat in relation to the shifter.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	012.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	103875   Click image for larger version

Name:	T018.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	103876   Click image for larger version

Name:	016.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	103877   Click image for larger version

Name:	027.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	103878   Click image for larger version

Name:	T022.JPG
Views:	1873
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	103879  

Name:	T025.JPG
Views:	1044
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	103880  

"Geezer Club"
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey4s View Post
Thanks... you can mount anything for the handle you can drill and tap to 1/2 x 20.
Be aware that my TCI Streetfighter (purchased two weeks ago) has 3/8-16 thread instead of 1/2-20 so units may vary. A new buyer probably shouldn't get too expensive with a new handle until they verified the thread.

2005 Redfire GT Convertible
Roush Front Facia, Chin Spoiler, Rear Spoiler, Suspension, Roll Bar and Wheels
Borla Axle-Backs, JLT 110mm CAI, SCT X3 w/Brenspeed 93 Octane Tune
Body Color Calipers, Baer Decelarotors...more to come!
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maples View Post
Be aware that my TCI Streetfighter (purchased two weeks ago) has 3/8-16 thread instead of 1/2-20 so units may vary. A new buyer probably shouldn't get too expensive with a new handle until they verified the thread.

Mike!

You are correct, it is indeed 3/8x16, I just checked mine. I was tapping some other stuff at 1/2x20 and got my details mixed up. Thanks for the correction Sir.

"Geezer Club"
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

im gonna get this mod eventually, seems wierd to me to me on how it works, but if it lets me rev the rpms higher then ill have to get it. Whats the quality of the shifter seems like its along the same lines as the stock auto shifter?

2008 Mustang GT Vista Blue, Auto, Mac Axleback, 8" Shorty Antenna, 6k HID headlights, Blackout decklid, 15% tint
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldHorses View Post
im gonna get this mod eventually, seems wierd to me to me on how it works, but if it lets me rev the rpms higher then ill have to get it. Whats the quality of the shifter seems like its along the same lines as the stock auto shifter?
How it works depends on your tune (stock or custom). With stock tune it supposedly limits your highest gear to the one selected (ie: if 3rd is selected the car will actually start in first from a stop and shift normally until it gets to 3rd). With my Brenspeed tune it stays in whatever gear I select no matter what. Other than that it is a ratchet shifter that cycles through the gears one at a time with no possibility of shifting more than one at a time. Also you can't shift to neutral or any other non-forward gear without activating the lockout.

The quality is FAR better than stock.

2005 Redfire GT Convertible
Roush Front Facia, Chin Spoiler, Rear Spoiler, Suspension, Roll Bar and Wheels
Borla Axle-Backs, JLT 110mm CAI, SCT X3 w/Brenspeed 93 Octane Tune
Body Color Calipers, Baer Decelarotors...more to come!
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Sounds great, im looking into this forsure

2008 Mustang GT Vista Blue, Auto, Mac Axleback, 8" Shorty Antenna, 6k HID headlights, Blackout decklid, 15% tint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page