Cams, Longtubes, Whipple = Passed emissions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Cams, Longtubes, Whipple = Passed emissions

Just had my car inspected here in TX. Where I live they check to make sure your rear 02's are on and that you have no MIL.

For the record, I have JBA longtubes with cats, FRPP cams, and the Whipple HO.

Mods.
M-6550-3V Cams.
Whipple HO
JBA Headers
472rhwp 435rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I would have said there is no way.....but evidently there is. So how much money did you have to cough up to your brother in law?

Cruising the misinformation superhighway in a Terminator.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
did you run a special emissions tune or just the normal one?

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Congratulations...Great to hear..!!

2007 Black on Black, GT 6 Speed
B326 (5.3L) Built Stroker,FRPP CNC PORTED Heads,Kooks LT's,Hi-Flow Catted H,Aluminum Drive Shaft,4:10 Gears,Tokico, Eibach Pro,Nitto 555R,,UCA/LCA, ,HotRod Cams,FRPP 62mm TB,Whipple HO-Intercooled SC,GT-500 Dual Fuel Pumps,Steeda-Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive System,15 psi, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch, Moroso 7qt oil pan. Tremec T56 Magnum XL 6 Speed
Plus more...
709 RWHP/712 RWTQ
Mustang Dyno
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Clearly there was no 'visual' inspection.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Nope...no visual! This is my regular tune that I run...it is not an emissions tune.

Woo!

Mods.
M-6550-3V Cams.
Whipple HO
JBA Headers
472rhwp 435rwtq
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

I am pretty sure that the Whipple/FRPP program/tune is 50 state legal. They tell me mine is. We'll see in August!

Frank-

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Brembos, Auto, GT500 Axlebacks.

SOLD! 2008 GT Premium, Vapor Metallic, 5-speed stick w/MGW, Ford Racing M6066 Whipple S/C, 3.31 gear, GTA's. GT500 front end, spoiler, suspension and wheels. Sequentials and one touch. - can't wipe the smile off my face.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
PONY Member

I always dread going to the DMV, I know if there is a problem they will find it, it can be the most obscure thing on the planet and they will find and report it. It seems like when I come in they say ah ha a mustang what sort of problems can I find. They check ours for tinted windows. Too tinted they reject it, no questions asked, and they can't be bought, I've tried.

2007 Shelby GT black with silver stripes, 4.10 rear end, kooks LT headers and catted x-pipe,SSS terminator mufflers, LCA, adj UCA,adj panhard bar, 18" cobra r chrome rims, Baer Decelerotors front and rear with chrome braided brake lines.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010
Apprentice

Im getting LT headers soon and wondering how did they check if you have MIL's If they didnt do a visual?

05 gt auto, K&N CAI(off at the time/no tune yet), Mac LTs/prochamber/Mac ABs, Tokico adjustable shocks/struts, FRPP K springs, J&M camber plates, J&M adjustable UCA, CHE adjustable panhard bar, Roush bumper, Roush hood scoop, black out grille, gt500 wing, 315/35/20 NTO5 rear and 255/35/20 555s front on MRR wheels.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Here in TX they scan your computer. If you are throwing any emission codes you will fail. If your 02's are disabled you will fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berumen85 View Post
Im getting LT headers soon and wondering how did they check if you have MIL's If they didnt do a visual?

Mods.
M-6550-3V Cams.
Whipple HO
JBA Headers
472rhwp 435rwtq
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

My sticker expires this month and I can't wait to see if mine passes since awapping out the 4.6L with a 5.0L and adding cams and shorty headers in the mix.

Glad you passed!

B302 5.0L, Saleen SC w/Extreme CAI & Brenspeed tuned SCT X3 programmer, Shelby GT500 Fuel System, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Steeda HD Belt Tensioner, Fluidyne Alum Radiator, Stewart EMP High Perform Water Pump, Steeda Front & Rear Sway Bars, Steeda Lightweight Radiator Support & Billet Rear Control Arms, Hawk Brake Pads, Goodridge SS Braided Brake Lines, Powerslot Rotors, Powerhouse Automotive Alum Driveshaft, BASSANI Aft-Cat w/x-pipe, GMS Coil Packs, LPW Racing Differential Support Cover...
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonballi View Post
Here in TX they scan your computer. If you are throwing any emission codes you will fail. If your 02's are disabled you will fail.
What I have understood with 05 gt's, MIL's just send a good signal to your computer, they dont eliminate the code. I would just hate to add cats.. trying to not spend more $$$ on an already relatively expensive exhaust.

05 gt auto, K&N CAI(off at the time/no tune yet), Mac LTs/prochamber/Mac ABs, Tokico adjustable shocks/struts, FRPP K springs, J&M camber plates, J&M adjustable UCA, CHE adjustable panhard bar, Roush bumper, Roush hood scoop, black out grille, gt500 wing, 315/35/20 NTO5 rear and 255/35/20 555s front on MRR wheels.
Apprentice
2.3L Member

Send a message via AIM to rebelk69
in my town here in texas they just check ur wipers,blinkers,lights and ur horn thats it lol

1989 ford mustang lx w/ the mighty 2.3 in it
:smoke:2007 ford focus se w/ the mighty 2.0 in it
2003 chevy truck w/ the mighty vortec v6
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
I wish it was that easy here in CA.....jealous!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelk69 View Post
in my town here in texas they just check ur wipers,blinkers,lights and ur horn thats it lol

2005 GT premium convertible. Crimson red leather, 18" w Falken rubber. Procharger P1 HO intercooled kit, GT500 throttle body, C&L intake manifold, Edelbrock shorties, Spec stage 3 clutch, Shelby shorty shifter, 3" Granatelli exhaust. Bilstein Shocks and struts, DBA rotors, Hawk pads, Ford Racing swaybars and springs, billet lower control arms, adjustable upper, adjustable panhard bar.

Corn fed.....523.2rwhp/513.9lbft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page