2007 Mustang GT. Battery died and killed my Shaker 500 radio - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question 2007 Mustang GT. Battery died and killed my Shaker 500 radio

I had my 2007 Mustang GT battery go dead. When I installed a new battery the CD kept trying to initialize but would only give an "CD Error" on the display. The Ford dealer says the radio is toast. I can not believe that the battery going dead would mess up the CD like this. Everything else works fine on the radio. including the Sirius.
Anybody have an idea?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Welcome to AFM!
Maybe a coincidence or a voltage spike damaged it when you connected the new battery.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Welcome... That's the first time I've heard of this happening.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

all i did was to disconnect both battery cables for about 10 seconds then re connect them. That re sets everything. Sounds weird but a Ford dealer tech told me what to do and it worked.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Shaker 500

I will try. Thanks
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Shaker 500

I disconnected the battery and left it off for over 24 hours. Did not fix it. I was in Tulsa Ok this weekend and spoke with a "Kicker Tech" he said it sounded to him like a computer issue and that although I disconnected the battery I also needed to touch the leads together to ground out the systems and that would completely release all charges and cause the computer systems to re-set.

What do you guys think.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

I've had this happen about 3-4 times on my 2005 GT. The first time they replaced the radio under warranty, but its well out of warranty now.

What seems to happen is:

- Playing CDs on the radio
- Shut down car with radio on and in CD position
- Radio does not completely shut off when the car is shut off and the door is opened
- The only circuit left active in the radio is related to shuffling the CDs, and it starts randomly shuffling the CDs in the radio (you can hear it if you are paying attention as you get out of the car)
- Battery eventually runs down completely
- When car is jumped and turned back on, the radio displays a CD read error, and appears to not work at all

I can't tell you exactly what I've done to get it back to normal, since I've just played with the radio by switching modes and hitting the CD load button, and it finally went back to normal. I have now removed the CDs from my radio, and I always manually shut the radio off before I turn the car off. This seems to be a good work-around.

Bruce
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010
Rookie

Shaker 500 CD problems

I had the same "CD Error" message with my 2005 Mustang GT. It happened in August of 2009 after I ejected the last CD from the unit. The Shaker 500 made a buzzing sound and tried to initialize. After that, the unit displayed the "CD Error" message. I tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours, but that did not help. I know it sounds harsh, but I hit the side of the center stack when the unit was initializing, and it worked again until December. I finally replaced the unit with a JVC KW-XR610. It has iPod connectivity and a good amp (20WX4). The 2DIN size looks good in the dash of my 2005 GT! The PAC C2R-FRD1 made the install easy and let me keep the factory subwoofers (Crutchfield gave it to me at half price, since I also bought the JVC from them).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0911.JPG
Views:	8694
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	105896  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

my shaker 500 does the same thing. it sounds like the CD player is constantly trying to load cd's even when the car is off. it does this until the battery is dead. I'll never, ever buy another ford. it has been a total peice of ****!!
PONY Member

Its not a otal loss -The factory Shaker HU`s do make great paper weights!

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
PONY Member
S197 Member

mine also died after a bat. hook up. i didn't bother the dealer with it sense we all know how much a pos it is. so the fun part,i wanted my Cd's back that theiven skipper 500! so i tor the hu apart, getting the 6 disc changer to release them was a PITA but i got them. the skippers back in i just did not put the changer back in and it still works! -the CD part but i dont car i got ipod control for that.<the cd player!

2007 mustang gt premo/alloy grey on dove int/hurst shift/gt500 pedals/
sequental tail lights/2008 ceter concel with lite ring/mustang lit door sills/frpp push start/20x8.5/20x10 blackcrome bullit motorsports/
cdc chin spoiler/saleen H.I.D. headlights/steeda udp/oem nav/
factory side scoops/gt500 rear bumper/saleen 12in. sub/frpp bullitt cai/frpp bullitt strut bar/frpp x pipe/magnaflow cat backs/
oem nav/and more 2 come [but are we ever realy done?]
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisG View Post
all i did was to disconnect both battery cables for about 10 seconds then re connect them. That re sets everything. Sounds weird but a Ford dealer tech told me what to do and it worked.
BINGO. This is the miricle fix for all mustangs =)

2005 Ford mustang V6.
K&N CAI.
SCT Tuner.

18 years old. 0 accidents. 1 ticket.
The ticket was for going 27 MPH in a 25 can you believe that garbage!
I stuck it to the Man and the Man stuck it right back to me.
Apprentice

shaker 500

I hav an 07 GT and I've had no issues with the shaker (probably blow like an IED now). I read a post a while ago about not leaving cds in it and turning it off when shutting off the car. I had a battery go dead- what I thought was a bit too soon and I attribute that to leaving the shaker on. After the battery change I got into the habit of never leaving it on when I shut the car down. And I don't leave cds in it. Don't really need them with an Ipod anyway. Besides, I like loud exhaust and drone and lumpy cams. I don't listen to music in the car that much. Actually give me open headers. Never too loud for me. I had a 69 340 Dart GT that I ran with Hooker LTs and straight thru Thrush header mufflers. At certains speeds it sounded like an Apache heli was over the car. Go loud/go fast.

Brenspeed 93 tune, Detroit Rockers, 4.10, Hurst,Pypes LTs, HiFlo cats,H-pipe,Violators, UMI adj UCA,Spohn LCAs,UMI relocation brackets,Shaftmasters Al DS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page