Predator/Vortech tune - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Predator/Vortech tune

Hey all,
Seriously considering getting a Votech standard kit. It comes with a Predator and a tune for the blower. Looking for feedback on the quality of the tune. Does it compare to say a Brenspeed tune? Cost is about the same, 200$ price difference between the Vortech kit with the Predator and without, Brenspeed wants 185 for their email Vortech tune for my xcal.
Thanks,
-Brian

07 GT Vert. Triple Black. Steeda CAI, FRPP GTA's, Roush Styling Bar, tuned by Brenspeed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
PONY Member

I have the Brenspeed V3 non intercooled Vortech kit on my 07 GT. The kit is slightly different as it has IAT relocation kit, Kenne Bell BAP, and an SCT X3 with their custome tune. The Brenspeed tune has been perfect and the car runs like a champ. You cannot go wrong with the Brenspeed SC kits.

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the feedback. Their kit is about 300 more with the tuner, 530 more without than the one I was looking at. Might have to give them a call and see if there's anything they can do for me. I do like the idea of the SCT over the Predator. My XCAL2 is getting old as well, might be time to go to the XCAL3.

07 GT Vert. Triple Black. Steeda CAI, FRPP GTA's, Roush Styling Bar, tuned by Brenspeed.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
The canned Vortech tune is ok but you can do better.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page