S197 Mustang GT spark plug replacement - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

S197 Mustang GT spark plug replacement

Hey this is for the guys and gals who own a 05-07 GT in or around the Calgary, Alberta, Canada area. I am offering my help to change your spark plugs on your cars. I know getting them done by a shop is not cheap, and if they break it's even more. I have the proper tools to fix this problem. I bought it for my car but I only needed to use it once. So this is why I am offering to help other people out.

If you guys or gals are interested please call me or e-mail me
My name is Tony and my number is 403-561-1410 or e-mail [email protected]

I hope this may help some of you..

2006 Torch Red Mustang GT 350 tribute with white racing stripes. Automatic, JLT Cold Air Intake. Diablo Predator Tuner, Pypes Violator Axle Back Exhaust. Ford Racing Blue Valve Covers, Powered By Ford Intake Cover. Steeda Strut Tower Bar.
(Sold)

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT with 3:73 Track Pack. Black upper and lower billet grille w/pony logo from American Muscle. Pypes axle back mufflers. Upgraded interior with Grabber Blue striping. Shaker 500 Sync w/DVD Nav. SCT Livewire 9600.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
What a guy! You'll probably save someone a lot of grief.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
post up in the regional forums, that way you can find more local people to help out

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

how much did the tools cost? Trying to decide if I want to attempt it or get a shop to do it. I remember when changing plugs was a no brainer and didn't cost a fortune to do or have done. I guess next they will come up with some special tool that no one has to do an oil change.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redruder View Post
how much did the tools cost? Trying to decide if I want to attempt it or get a shop to do it. I remember when changing plugs was a no brainer and didn't cost a fortune to do or have done. I guess next they will come up with some special tool that no one has to do an oil change.

I have the Lisle extractor tool, fellow Virginian, let me know if you need to use it.

"Geezer Club"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey4s View Post
I have the Lisle extractor tool, fellow Virginian, let me know if you need to use it.
Cool, thanks. I think I will give it a shot. Exactly where do the plugs break at. I've never actually seen 2 piece plugs. Are the Autolight HTs 2 piece?

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redruder View Post
Cool, thanks. I think I will give it a shot. Exactly where do the plugs break at. I've never actually seen 2 piece plugs. Are the Autolight HTs 2 piece?

IF they break, it's the lowere sleeve that separates and stays stuck in the threaded opening.

Yes the Autolites are two piece also but wipe a little bit of "Anti-sieze" on those lower barrels and it helps prevent cacbon build up. I installed HT-1's in my car. Mine came out without a problem but, I have loaned the tool out a couple of times.

Hopefully it will all go OK for you...

"Geezer Club"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page