Boost gauge? Interceptor or through an aftermarket stereo??? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Boost gauge? Interceptor or through an aftermarket stereo???

I have an edelbrock supercharger installed and soon I'll have long tube headers with catted X-pipe, then after that smaller pulley, CAI and 60lb injecters. I've read that long tube headers can change the a/f ratio and boost psi. After the smaller pulley upgrade I'd like to be able to monitor boost, a/f, fuel pressure.

I really like the aeroforce interceptor gauge but I'd also like to keep my car stock (sleeper) looking. I was thinking of the vent pod with the aeroforce or get an pioneer avic (if it can display such things like boost and air fuel ratio. If someone could tell me which pioneer head unit will display these things. Or if any of you have had an aeroforce gauge, if you could tell me how well it works for you.

2008 Mustang GT, Premium, 5 SPD, 3.55 gears, Edelbrock E-force S/C, Edelbrock CAI 3.5 pulley, kenne bell BAP hurst shifter, M/T 265/40/18 D/R borla xr-1 LT headers, Offroad X, magnapack catbacks, BMR UCA/LCA Dynotech ALUM D/S spec 2+ clutch Autometer triple gauge, dual aeroforce interceptor, WOTBOX

Best personal times.
(0 to 60 4.09)([email protected])([email protected])(1.68 60 ft)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTango View Post
I have an edelbrock supercharger installed and soon I'll have long tube headers with catted X-pipe, then after that smaller pulley, CAI and 60lb injecters. I've read that long tube headers can change the a/f ratio and boost psi. After the smaller pulley upgrade I'd like to be able to monitor boost, a/f, fuel pressure.

I really like the aeroforce interceptor gauge but I'd also like to keep my car stock (sleeper) looking. I was thinking of the vent pod with the aeroforce or get an pioneer avic (if it can display such things like boost and air fuel ratio. If someone could tell me which pioneer head unit will display these things. Or if any of you have had an aeroforce gauge, if you could tell me how well it works for you.

Everything a growing boy could need and more:

AiM Sports - The World Leader in Data Acquisition

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks, it looks good but that's not what I'm looking for. Plus $1000 sounds too steep for the data acquisition I'm looking for.

Anybody have any other ideas for data acquisition? So far the aeroforce seems best performance per dollar.

2008 Mustang GT, Premium, 5 SPD, 3.55 gears, Edelbrock E-force S/C, Edelbrock CAI 3.5 pulley, kenne bell BAP hurst shifter, M/T 265/40/18 D/R borla xr-1 LT headers, Offroad X, magnapack catbacks, BMR UCA/LCA Dynotech ALUM D/S spec 2+ clutch Autometer triple gauge, dual aeroforce interceptor, WOTBOX

Best personal times.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010
KDT
GT Member

A single Aeroforce with the wideband kit works great for me. It has two analog inputs. I use one for the wideband and the other for boost. The E Force comes with a TMAP sensor in the plenum. (sensor that reads manifold pressure and intake air temperature) You simply get a 5V "source" to that sensor and it sends out a signal for boost that the Aeroforce reads. It works really well once you get it setup. I have my Aeroforce in a vent pod and it's pretty stealth.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks KDT. Looks like I'll probably end up with alot of the same parts as you. Although I was leaning towards 3.90 gears instead of 3.73s. And my drag radials are M/T's et street radials. I haven't decided on LCA's or fuel system. And I'll get to the stage 1 soon enough.

Best personal times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
boost gauge , pioneer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page