charge motion delete plates - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

charge motion delete plates

A buddy of mine has is car down at blow by racing getting the new ford racing intake manifold put on and is trying to sell me his delete plates. Is it something i should buy and what kind of gains would i see? $75 is his price

JLT II, Brenspeed 93 octane tune, Motive 390's, Steeda UDP, Pypes long tube headers, o/r X, Flowmaster American thunder series, Helix throttle body spacer, 12.921 @106.42 2.178 60ft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
GT Member

That's a good price, I say get 'em. You'll still need a tune to turn off the butterlies. Maybe 10-15 hp, not sure but they felt worth it when I put mine in.

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidL16 View Post
A buddy of mine has is car down at blow by racing getting the new ford racing intake manifold put on and is trying to sell me his delete plates. Is it something i should buy and what kind of gains would i see? $75 is his price
I'd snatch them up for $75. I just made a set and put them on my car. Not sure about the actual gains (my guess ~10hp) but it sure helps with throttle response!

-------------------------------------------
2006 Vista Blue "Mach 1", Auto, N/A
Too much to list and nothing really that great. If interested check out my profile.
------------------------------------------------------------
Numbers are just that...numbers.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
That's a great price. Pay close attention when installing them so you can closely match the ports.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
That's a great price. Pay close attention when installing them so you can closely match the ports.
I took some measurements when I put mine on. The ports on the intake are smaller than the ones on the OE plates but the ones on the heads are exactly the same size as the ones on the OE plates. Conclusion: Put the plates on the heads first and carefully put the manifold on top of the plates. And sorta not related: From the Steeda Website:

...Steeda's plates are .070 larger than the O.E. plates and are a better port match to the intake manifold and cylinder heads than the original plates, reducing turbulence and improving airflow in the intake path for more horsepower and torque!...

BS!

Too much to list and nothing really that great. If interested check out my profile.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
GT Member

I never understood why this was, I understand some intake turbulence helps combustion but the port sizes were so different between the intake and cylinder manifolds when I put my plates on five years ago I just said WTH?? I had always been taught port matching was good so thought about trying it between these pieces but wound up installing as-is...

2005 Sonic Blue Auto GT, ordered new
Procharger D1SC
Thanks JPC Racing!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubkap View Post
I never understood why this was, I understand some intake turbulence helps combustion but the port sizes were so different between the intake and cylinder manifolds when I put my plates on five years ago I just said WTH?? I had always been taught port matching was good so thought about trying it between these pieces but wound up installing as-is...
Yeah I was going to do some port-matching with the intake when I had it off until I realized how big the difference was. If I would have started grinding on the intake to match the ports it would have been so thin there wouldn't have been anything left!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page