2008 Mustang GT engine stumble at idle and at cruising speeds. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
S197 Member

Got them from tillman speed in the states. And it was a gong show getting them as well. First off they sold them to me when they had a set in stock, then after a week or two I found out they sold them on me...it was another 2 months before I actually got them. Because thats when the new camaro came out so the mustang stuff got put on hold for that.

As for the price I couldnt actually tell you but 1600 doesnt sound too far off. Don't order from Tillman, unless you wanna call there every second day to see where your order is at. They are understaffed and arent real worried about orders under $5000.00...that might be a little excessive but you get my point. Good luck.

'08 GT premium 5 spd

just a couple little things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTango View Post
I meant fuel trim but I visit this site on my phone and typing can be messed up.

Anyway I am still having a misfire at part throttle in 4th and 5th gear and sometimes in 3rd.

Would a temp gun be able to pick up a bad coil? If the degrees are off by 5 or more?
Take a look at this maybe it will help explain what I mean:
YouTube - Coil Pack COP Troubleshooting & Diagnosis 1/4
YouTube - Coil Pack COP Troubleshooting & Diagnosis 2/4
YouTube - Coil Pack COP Troubleshooting & Diagnosis 3/4

-------------------------------------------
2006 Vista Blue "Mach 1", Auto, N/A
-------------------------------------------
Too much to list and nothing really that great. If interested check out my profile.
------------------------------------------------------------
Numbers are just that...numbers.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Sorry for the very late response. The latest news about the car...
Changed one coil and all the spark plugs. The misfire is gone. I gapped the plugs to 0.035 and the ones that were in there were at the factory gap.(0.045)

I found additional problem. My iat's were averaging 175 degrees and noticed that the pump for the intercooler was not operating properly. I tracked it down to a bad ground. When the pump is working properly you should here it with the key on. (I did not know this because I wasn't sure what kind of duty cycle these pumps operate on) Now my iat's are staying around 115 degrees.

I figured it out and finally pulled a [email protected] mph at the track. I'm going to the track tomorrow to see what I can do with the new headers and magna flow cat back.

2008 Mustang GT, Premium, 5 SPD, 3.55 gears, Edelbrock E-force S/C, Edelbrock CAI 3.5 pulley, kenne bell BAP hurst shifter, M/T 265/40/18 D/R borla xr-1 LT headers, Offroad X, magnapack catbacks, BMR UCA/LCA Dynotech ALUM D/S spec 2+ clutch Autometer triple gauge, dual aeroforce interceptor, WOTBOX

Best personal times.
(0 to 60 4.09)([email protected])([email protected])(1.68 60 ft)

Apprentice
S197 Member

JimmyTango
Don't know if you are still looking for some Kooks headers but if you are Unleashedbeast gave me a heads up on some kooks LT with catted h-pipe from Maryland Speed. Cost was around $1300. He also posted a code that will get you ceramic coating for free. Have ordered mine and they are at the coaters now. If you do a search on kooks or on the user you can find his post

2006 GT, Procharger DX1, 5R55s SuperStreet Fighter, CMDP, Kooks LT headers w/catted H-pipe, FR500S Mufflers, JLT CAI , UPR Adj UCA, J & M Rear Non-Adj LCA, 4.10 gears, PTC Torque Converter, Tranny Cooler, Drive Shaft Safety Loop, BMR Tubular Radiator Support delete, Aluminum Driveshaft, M/T Street Radials
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page