Engine Problem - Help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Engine Problem - Help

Hello guys,

So I got my car turbo charged and it's been running fine for the past two months.

Then today I installed some Pype Violators (axle backs) and then went for a drive.

In the middle of a drive however, suddenly my engine at idle started getting random surges of gas in it without me pressing the acceleration.

Then while I was driving, the battery light came on then off, then low engine oil warning came on then off. When I actually give the car gas, it revs up then more and stays up there when I take the foot off the pedal.

When came to a stop light, after a few moments of surges of revs, my engine just crapped out. I got it to start again and it would keep going as long as I gave it gas, but if I didn't, it would crap out.

So now, when I start the car, the engine always sounds like there's not enough gas in it, so it tries to add more gas, and it cycles. Oil Pressure is fine, battery is fine. Also won't get it going unless I put some gas into myself (with the accel pedal).

Please help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010
PONY Member

hmmmm. when you had the turbo put on i assume you had your fuel system re done as well? if not then you amy have a problem getting the right fuel/air ratio. also when you had it turbocharged did you have it tuned? did you check the relays? could have blown a fuse.

1998 SVT Cobra JLT RAI, SCT BAMA tune, Magnaflow Magnapacks exhaust, ford racing 9mm wires, o/r h pipe, sub-frames, Bilstein coil over kit from MM, J&M upper and lower control arms, IMRC deletes, steeda triax, new ford king cobra clutch, 31 spline moser axles, 31 spline Ford racing diff, 4.10 gears

- currently building a forged teksid motor with cheads and a posi ported eaton 50% of the parts collected.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Check for an intake leak between MAF and throttle body.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah everything was tuned and everything. I checked the throttle body. Doesn't seem to be leaks.

Do you guys think the computer might've reset for some random reason when my battery light suddenly come on?

Keep in mind, like the car was running fine for 2 months. I really, really, really, doubt that my pypes violators were so good that it changed the fuel/air ratio lol.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Check for an intake leak between MAF and throttle body.
+1

Check all the hose connections and piping (air) from the turbo to the throttle body.

The ECU can not "reset" itself.

"You can't fix stupid"

Tuned by PowerHouse411
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
The axleback swap wouldn't have done anything. It's just a coincidence.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thank you everyone for your help. There indeed was a leak in the intake.

I couldn't find it myself... the people who worked on it had to smoke out the leak.

This place is awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page