2007 Mustang GT-Want new Gears what do i need? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaneMustang View Post
The ford racing dealership close to my home quoted me:
$149.99 for FRPP 3:73 Gears and $400 to install - this way it will keep it under my warranty!

I did not think that was a bad deal!

as long as its frpp parts, you can have it done anywhere and it wont void the warranty

Proud Vet!
B co. 1/32 INF
10th Mountain Division

Operation Enduring Freedom #7 (Feb 2006 - Jun 2007)

BTW VetteHunter = Corvette Hunter

(Someone accused me of being a Chevy Man!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

3.30's thats weird, i would have sworn your stock should be 3.55's (that's what I got).
I put numerous upgrades on my stang, and with that knowledge I would suggest 3.70's or 3.90's. If you put 4.10's on you will be taking them down when you up a SC on.
Have fun!

2007 GT/CS Convertible, Modifications: Dyno tuned. JLT CAI. 4.10 Gears. Edelbrock SC. Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs. Cervini’s Concept Hood c/w Custom Paint. Magnaflow Tur-X X Pipe and Magnaflow Axle Back's. Ruff Racing 20" Wheels, Nitto Invo 255 F, 295 R.
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaneMustang View Post
The ford racing dealership close to my home quoted me:
$149.99 for FRPP 3:73 Gears and $400 to install - this way it will keep it under my warranty!

I did not think that was a bad deal!
Unless the gears are determined to be the cause of a failure your warrenty won't be void anyway. Unless a tech opens my rear diff and starts counting teeth then they don't know they've been changed. $400 to install isn't bad, make sure that you get a good synthetic gear oil and friction modifyer put in. There really insn't a so call break in oil to use and no real reason to change the fluids after the swap is done.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page