Help! Need some input on pinion angle - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDT View Post
I believe they are 3/4". I still had my doubts about the strength of it with the bolts that far out though. Here is the response I got from Steeda. They were very prompt and gave me the info that I asked for. I have to give Steeda a thumbs up. I'm still glad that I had to go the other way with the adjustment. I'm not too far from where I was originally. I feel a lot better about it now.
He is 100% wrong. If the diameter is ¾” (19.05mm) then 1.5x the diameter is 28.575mm.

He is saying that having 1x the diameter is safe. I do not agree with that one little bit. I have seen similar setups fail 4 times first hand and every time it was a catastrophic failure, they were all adjusted so there was less than 1.5x the diameter of the threaded portion in the “rod” and in one case the failure resulted in a death.

Do you want to take that gamble with the kind of power you are putting down? I could have a “rod” made that is longer for very little money and you won’t have to deal with not having enough thread engagement.

Just think for a moment what happens if that breaks………….if you don’t crash the car there will still be a massive amount of damage.

Some so called “Engineers” need to spend a little more time in the real world than behind their desks. It is common knowledge that the “On the ground” guys constantly lambaste engineers for impractical designs that look fantastic on paper but fail miserably in the real world.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010 Thread Starter
KDT
GT Member

I agree with you 100% sqidd. I'm not an engineer but a little common sense told me to not to trust it. That's why I questioned it in the first place. If I had not been wrong on my adjustment, I would have ordered a set of adjustable lowers and turned it back in regardless of what anyone said. It's me behind that wheel, not him, and sometimes my wife and kids are in the car with me. I would have never driven it like that.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDT View Post
I agree with you 100% sqidd. I'm not an engineer but a little common sense told me to not to trust it. That's why I questioned it in the first place. If I had not been wrong on my adjustment, I would have ordered a set of adjustable lowers and turned it back in regardless of what anyone said. It's me behind that wheel, not him, and sometimes my wife and kids are in the car with me. I would have never driven it like that.
I was just telling 900SSP that you had more common sense than most yesterday while we were working. Thanks for backing me up on that.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010 Thread Starter
KDT
GT Member

I appreciate that! Thanks

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page