Need a western Canadian Tuner - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Need a western Canadian Tuner

I live in Saskatoon Sasketchewan Canada. I have a 07 GT/CS that is going to be getting a supercharger after I take off my STS Turbo. My problem is finding someone to tune my car once I put the supercharger on, I think I am putting on a E-Force with a 3.5" pulley. I am not letting the dude who tuned my car for the last 2yrs near my new set up. I don't trust his tuning "skills" anymore, he has been involved in too many cars that end up needing an engine shortly after installation of Power Adders, mostly STS Turbo cars mine being 1 of them and my car had 13000km (8000miles), the turbo was on for less than 5000km (8psi) before it went up in smoke at the drag strip last fall. I need to find someone in Saskatchewan or Alberta that is competent enough to tune my car. My car now has a 301ci forged stroker, 42lb inj, 2 gt40 fuel pumps, stock top end. I also have a Snow Performance stage3 water/meth kit installed but my installer/tuner plumbed it into my washer tank without asking me now it won't pass tech at our Drag Strip so I may have it removed. My 2-step is also unhooked, my cats somehow melted when they set it up because I fired the car up this spring after all the work was done by him (forged stroker, clutch/al.f/w, meth kit, fuel system, 2 step) and ran it once in my garage when it filled the turbo with cat material ruining my turbine wheel and housing. I have smaller used turbo on it now but he spent most of the summer trying to get the car running properly, cold start issues, light throttle response that got better when I insisted he take out his recommended 80lb injectors and put my 42lb ones back in. It runs okay now but smokes and has been using oil since the used turbo install. Sorry for such a long write up but I really need some help finding someone I can trust after all this crap I have been through this summer. We have 3-4 Performance shops in our city and only 1 has dyno.

07 GT/CS, needs some work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010
S197 Member

In Calgary there is the Mustang Shop and Tecmotion. I don't have personal experience with them as I just have a custom tune, but have heard of guys who had dyno tunes done.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010
Apprentice

I had tuned done by both of those mentioned above. Matt at the Mustang Shop did an awesome job, Techmotion tune I'm still getting used to...there is something off but its probably something with my car.

2007 GT/CS Convertible, Modifications: Dyno tuned. JLT CAI. 4.10 Gears. Edelbrock SC. Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs. Cervini’s Concept Hood c/w Custom Paint. Magnaflow Tur-X X Pipe and Magnaflow Axle Back's. Ruff Racing 20" Wheels, Nitto Invo 255 F, 295 R.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

I talked to Matt at the Mustang Shop in Calgary yesterday. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. Made me feel confident in his abilities as well. Seems to know these cars and I think I will have to make a road trip to get my car tuned after I get my supercharger installed.

07 GT/CS, needs some work
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010
S197 Member

Let us know how it works out for you after you get it tuned. I'm thinking of getting a dyno tune. although with my mods I don't really need one.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

oh **** looks like i may have to watch out for :P you should be able to recognize my car if you ever see me on 8th st. its the white 2005 gt with blue racing stripes, maybe ill see ya round and good luck man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page