2005 Mustang gt TCS questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

2005 Mustang gt TCS questions

I have an 05 gt that has been tuned with an SCT Xcal 2.

My question is that on the handheld it is possible to disable the tcs permanently. Thing that concerns me is that does pushing the button in the car to disable the tcs do the same thing as disabling it through the programmer. I know with some vehicles such as mazdas that pushing the tcs button doesn't always turn the tcs completetly off. Even with the button pushed the tcs system will still kick in when it senses the vehicle is out of control and will still limit power.
Just wondering if fords tcs system is as advances as this or if once you push the 'tcs off' button that it completely turns the system off.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010
GT Member

I'm not 100% on this, but I think it is not completely off when the button is pushed. The last time I had a tune done (2 years ago) you had to have it written right into the tune to have the TC completely disabled. Might be different now.

2005 black GT premium (5spd) / GT500 front LCA/upper strut mounts / Koni Adjustable (yellow)shocks with Roush Springs / FRPP 4:10 rear gear / BMR rear UCA/LCA+relocation brackets / MGW Shifter / Bassani axle backs / Cervinis heat extractor hood and Ducktail spoiler / Carroll Shelby CS69 20x9/20x10 wheels / MSD Blaster 2 coils / Roush TVS2300 Supercharger+Brenspeed 560R upgrade / Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch / Exedy lightweight flywheel / SR Performance braided stainless clutch Line / Afco Dual Fan Heat Exchanger upgrade / JLT Catch Can / Axle Exchange one piece aluminum DS / Silly grin on my face every time I turn the key.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
TCS off is off. Same as disabling in the tune.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

A good way to mod the TCS switch is with a relay. Here is a link that shows how to do it. Works great and takes about an hour if your handy and have some tools. Every time you turn on the car the TCS goes off. If you want it back on for a rainy day just push it on.

forums.themustangsource.com/f669/traction-cont

05GT, 09 GT500 Drivetrain, 2.6 pulley, JLT intake, 18x9.5 GT500 wheels, 14" Brembos, 2014 rear brakes, 14 cooling fan, Cortex racing Koni Coilovers, Cortex Watts Link BMR:K-Member, Tube rad support, adj upper third link, rear relo brackets,JBA long tubes and catted mid pipe, Stillen adj front & rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, Steeda shifter, Spydershaft Aluminum DS.
John Lund tune, 568 rwhp, 560 tq.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Pushing the button to turn it off will keep it off until you either push the button to turn it back on or turn the car off and restart it. I had mine turned off when I had my last tune written. It was a pain to turn it off every time I started the car. I didn't have TCS in my older cars so why start now?

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page