supercharger finally arrived - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

supercharger finally arrived

Hello well my supercharger finally arrived today. My big question is I ordered a 2.85 pulley , they said were out.. so instead they are sending out a 2.90 inch pulley.. As long as its keyed right should be ok right? Does anybody know what my approxmimate boost would be ? Oops forgot this is for a 2006 Mustang with the Magnacharger.. Thanks..

2006 Mustang GT with 5r55 auto Magnacharger with 2.80 pulley, Tuneable Inductions cai, GT500 tb, Dynatech LT and catted X pipe, Boost a Pump, AFCO heat exchanger Shaftmasters 3.5 ds, Hughes billet convertor 3200 convertor Livernois Stage 2 heads Comp Cams 127350 cams Melling billet oil pump Trick Flow cam followers 4.10's VMP 3500 mass air meter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

i would say somewhere around 12-15psi with a pulley that size, maybe more... thats just a guess though. I know that on the whipples either a 3.5 or 3.25 pulley is right about 10psi, and on my eforce the 3.5 makes between 8-10 psi

2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT:
Mods: ||EdelBrock E-Force Stage 1// Brenspeed 93 Dyno Tune// Pypes LT headers, O/R H-pipe// GT500 Fuel System// Borla Stingers// MGW Shifter// Hawk HPS// Powerslot Rotors// CHE: UCA / LCA/ Anti-Squats/ K-member/ Panhard Brace// Nitto NT555's (daily)// Infinity Sound// CDC Chin// MT ET Streets (track)||
www .GutterMindedConcepts.com
447rwhp 419ft-lbs - Stage Zero
* 466 rwhp 441ft-lbs - Stage 1 *
Brenspeed Supporter!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks.. I just want to have fun street car.

2006 Mustang GT with 5r55 auto Magnacharger with 2.80 pulley, Tuneable Inductions cai, GT500 tb, Dynatech LT and catted X pipe, Boost a Pump, AFCO heat exchanger Shaftmasters 3.5 ds, Hughes billet convertor 3200 convertor Livernois Stage 2 heads Comp Cams 127350 cams Melling billet oil pump Trick Flow cam followers 4.10's VMP 3500 mass air meter

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I don't think it'll see that much boost, nor would you want to on a stock block.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I agree 100% I believe someone had the 2.85 inch pulley and they were seeing right around 10.5 lbs , so I am thinking the 2.90 should be around 9.6 to 10.1 lbs depending on intake and exhuast mods of course.. Does that sound about right?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010
KDT
GT Member

I would guess that you will see 7 - 8 psi with that pulley. Maybe 9 psi with stock exhaust manifolds.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

KDT did you see a large rwhp jump when you went with the Kooks? If I wanted to lower my IAT's would I be better off going to a AFCO or Steeds exchanger or going to a meth injection instead? Next year I would like to go with 4.10's , 1 piece drive shaft, LT's and a better exchanger.. I would be totally amped to get into the 11's

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

I stand corrected... it still sounds like your going to be close to the maximum amount of boost you'd want to run on a stock motor.

2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT:
Mods: ||EdelBrock E-Force Stage 1// Brenspeed 93 Dyno Tune// Pypes LT headers, O/R H-pipe// GT500 Fuel System// Borla Stingers// MGW Shifter// Hawk HPS// Powerslot Rotors// CHE: UCA / LCA/ Anti-Squats/ K-member/ Panhard Brace// Nitto NT555's (daily)// Infinity Sound// CDC Chin// MT ET Streets (track)||
www .GutterMindedConcepts.com
447rwhp 419ft-lbs - Stage Zero
* 466 rwhp 441ft-lbs - Stage 1 *
Brenspeed Supporter!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetyme View Post
KDT did you see a large rwhp jump when you went with the Kooks? If I wanted to lower my IAT's would I be better off going to a AFCO or Steeds exchanger or going to a meth injection instead? Next year I would like to go with 4.10's , 1 piece drive shaft, LT's and a better exchanger.. I would be totally amped to get into the 11's
You'll actually likely see a loss of boost going from the cast iron manifolds to LTs.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the advice..

KDT
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetyme View Post
I installed my headers before I got my supercharger. They did make a noticeable increase in power but more so in mid range torque. On a supercharged car they seem to be worth about 15rwhp and 10-15ftlbs rwtq over the cast iron manifolds. The headers also help a little at lowering the IATs, at least that's what my tuner told me. The lightweight driveshaft is great. That has been one of my best mods. I could feel a difference as soon as I pulled out of the driveway with it. The upgraded heat exchanger will definitely be a plus but meth injection will drop the IATs better than anything. Once you get that blower you will quickly find out that you don't need a very low gear with the 3650 trans. A 3:73 is all I would want. 1st gear in the stock 3650 is pretty low. With 3:73s, 1st gear goes extremely quick on a blown car. I had to put drag radials on mine to control it. I personally don't want anything lower. It's just not needed. I can run 11s all day long like it sits.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks KDT for the reply. Well then maybe next year I'll go with 3.73's, AFCO heat exchanger with dual fans, and a 1 piece drive shaft.. There is so many 1 piece shafts on the market, I would like to find one that is a complete drop in unit.. I am running a stock UCA with a J&M Hotparts LCA's.. Should I go with a adjustable UCA? Thanks everybody for the advice..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page