Fixing my bumper - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Fixing my bumper

I dont know how this happened but I parked my baby in the driveway earlier. When I stepped out and turned back to hit the lock button on the remote I noticed my bumper was sticking out a little bit on the right side just above the wheel. Its night time so I cant get a pic up for you guys right now, but its popped out about an inch from the fender on the corner. How this happened, I couldnt tell you, but I dont see any physical damage at this time else where on the car so I dont know if anyone hit my car or anything in a parking lot, I doubt that. Anyways, could this be popped back in?

I'll get pics tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Without pictures its a little hard to figure out but there are a few fasteners in the fenderwell you may want to check - if these "popped" off I could see where it would be sticking out.

B302 5.0L, Saleen SC w/Extreme CAI & Brenspeed tuned SCT X3 programmer, Shelby GT500 Fuel System, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Steeda HD Belt Tensioner, Fluidyne Alum Radiator, Stewart EMP High Perform Water Pump, Steeda Front & Rear Sway Bars, Steeda Lightweight Radiator Support & Billet Rear Control Arms, Hawk Brake Pads, Goodridge SS Braided Brake Lines, Powerslot Rotors, Powerhouse Automotive Alum Driveshaft, BASSANI Aft-Cat w/x-pipe, GMS Coil Packs, LPW Racing Differential Support Cover...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

I took care of it. I removed one of the fasteners out of the well to take off the slack. I popped the black plastic inside the fender well back underneath the edge of the bumper and it automatically went flush again. In other words its no longer sticking out. How this happened, I'm not sure, I'm going to assume it was from probably either backing out or pulling into the driveway. Important part is its fixed and theres no damage. Thanks!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Can`t tell w/o pic. but sounds like front must of bottomed out the front corner on a incline or, a parking lot cement stop, good to hear its ok now!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Problem solved... And without pics even!

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page