is it possible - 17" rims for 2010 GT? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question is it possible - 17" rims for 2010 GT?

Hello everybody, its my first day here. Just very recently in USA i've bought a Mustang GT 2010, and it is ready to be shiped to Europe. Only question is i want to add wheels to be shipped togehter with the car. Almost a week or so I was browsing different sites and visualisation programs to check which wheels look best on Mustangs. There were different people and different opinions.

I have clearly decided that best classic look is for Torq Thrust II. I want to go for size 17". So i could mount tire with larger sidewall. For the sidewall everything is ok, i like bigger sidewalls and it is less bumpy on the road.

I have found on the internet, that some of the 17" wheels still would fit 2010 gt's (american muscle site). But I want to install 17" x 9.5" American Racing Torq Thrust II, but nobody was able to explain if they fit on 2010 Mustang GT.

I would go any possible modification to have these on my car. Somebody said for the offset and backside measuremens these wheels should fit leaving only 0,5 inch space. Is it possible somehow to confirm or decline that information. I was trying to reach somebody from American racing, but manufacturer don't give their contacts on the web.

if the problem would be solved using spacers or shaving of some calipers, i would go for it.

Does anybody know if 17" Torq Thrust II fits on Mustang GT 2010? Thanks in advance for help.

i got some information, but that does not help me at all

Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.5"
Backspacing: 6.25"
Offset: 25mm

help anybody!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010
Rookie

The 5x4.5" bolt pattern is correct, at the very least. That being said, the Torq Thrust II wheels look pretty much identical to what other people are selling as the "Bullit" wheels for these cars. Maybe that would be a good place to start looking for something you can guarantee will fit.

There's a few different places that have pretty good selections of those, which should fit the 2010/2011 Mustang just fine, provided you still have the stock brakes and don't plan to change (the Bullit / Torq Thrust style wheels don't have much clearance for bigger-than-stock brakes).

2010+ Ford Mustang Wheels, Mustang Rims at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Mustang Bullitt Style Wheels
2005-2011 Genuine Ford Mustang GT 18" x 8.5" Chrome Bullitt Wheel - 2010-2011 - Wheels - Home for your Ford Mustang

Any of these should fit a stock 2010 without issue. The sites I linked above have 17" and 18" models in various widths. Personally, I think that if you're going to go as wide as a 9.5" width, you may as well go up to an 18" wheel. I think you'll have an easier time finding tires for that, since it's a little more common. The setup that a lot of people go with these days is a pair of 18" x 9" wheels up front (running a 255 tire width) and a pair of 18" x 10" wheels in the back (running a 285 or 295 tire width). That's what I have on mine right now, and I haven't had any issues at all with ride quality or harshness.

I don't know if any of that'll help at all, but I feel your pain. Trying to get information from wheel manufacturers is like pulling teeth, and I've had my fair share of frustration in the past with this, too. Best of luck with your search, and congratulations on the new Mustang!

Edit: Oh, as a note, never shave your calipers. Removing material from them isn't really a very good solution to the problem. Wheel spacers can provide you with some extra clearance if you need it, but you're much better off finding a wheel that's designed to fit your application. I don't know anyone that's had any real issues with spacers on the street in a Mustang, but I've heard enough horror stories from the Jeep guys that I'll probably stay away from 'em forever...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
gt 2010 17"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page