Supercharged 05 Mustang GT ,Looking for more! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Supercharged 05 Mustang GT ,Looking for more!

I have a m90 roush supercharged stang.Looking for more (50hp).Does adding a twin fuel pump require a new tune?If not will it increase power on its own? Any one change there cams on a supercharged setup? Looking to eventually get re-tuned after a few upgrades,(fuel pumps,throttle body,cams) Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010
KDT
GT Member

You will not get the full benefit of the GT500 pumps without a tune update. I installed mine a couple of months before my supercharger without doing a thing to the tune and the car ran fine. When I put the supercharger on my tune was then set up for it. I think you can up the boost a little on the M90 but I'm not sure. I know it is somewhat limited on what it put out. I believe you can squeeze 50 hp with the right parts though. You are definitely on the right track. I would definitely consider more boost, mild blower cams, long tubes, fuel upgrade, and custom tuning.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010
SheizaSoSay

Fuel pump is a foundation mod and esssential for upping the horsepower ANY at this point. You most economic route would be increaseing boost. After that I know it costs ABOUT $1600 for a set of good installed longtubes. You are going to spend about $1300 if you have your fuel pump installed and dyno'd if it's your first time getting a tune because they have to make it from scratch. It's cheaper to tune after it's made. So your looking at a pulley change for your blower and possibly a reinforced belt tensioner. If you can cool down the air you will find that 50hp easier to get to. Options are out there, intercooler, water-meth kit. Those longtubes along with giving you horsepower have the added benefit of releaving pressure off your motor (healthy), plus they will sound cool, but are pricey trying to get 50hp IMO, though I would love some. Honestly the cheapest way would be a water/meth kit, boost pooley and dyno. I think there is more to horsepower numbers though, I mean how is the car to drive? How does it sound? How is atmosphere inside the car (gauge clusters, shifter)? Sorry I'm rambling and your just trying to get 50hp.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

As mentioned you will need a fuel system upgrade especially if you are adding cams. With a set of cams, long-tubes, and fuel system upgrade - and a tune to make all of these work for you you should easily get 50 extra HP.

B302 5.0L, Saleen SC w/Extreme CAI & Brenspeed tuned SCT X3 programmer, Shelby GT500 Fuel System, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Steeda HD Belt Tensioner, Fluidyne Alum Radiator, Stewart EMP High Perform Water Pump, Steeda Front & Rear Sway Bars, Steeda Lightweight Radiator Support & Billet Rear Control Arms, Hawk Brake Pads, Goodridge SS Braided Brake Lines, Powerslot Rotors, Powerhouse Automotive Alum Driveshaft, BASSANI Aft-Cat w/x-pipe, GMS Coil Packs, LPW Racing Differential Support Cover...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

I should have listed my up grades to date:2005 mustang gt, BBK long tubes & mid pipes,roush supercharger,bbr boost pully, steeda cold air & shifter,ford racing springs,steeda lower control arms (relocated) ...........

Last edited by attisk; 09-19-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: ?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by attisk View Post
I should have listed my up grades to date:2005 mustang gt, BBK long tubes & mid pipes,roush supercharger,bbr boost pully, steeda cold air & shifter,ford racing springs,steeda lower control arms (relocated) ...........
I would say go for the GT500 fuel system, then if you can swap your s/c pulley for a size smaller, and get it tuned. They should be able to squeze 20-30 hp easily maybe more. Im not too familiar with your supercharger, but the fuel system will keep it safer in the long run.

2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT:
Mods: ||EdelBrock E-Force Stage 1// Brenspeed 93 Dyno Tune// Pypes LT headers, O/R H-pipe// GT500 Fuel System// Borla Stingers// MGW Shifter// Hawk HPS// Powerslot Rotors// CHE: UCA / LCA/ Anti-Squats/ K-member/ Panhard Brace// Nitto NT555's (daily)// Infinity Sound// CDC Chin// MT ET Streets (track)||
www .GutterMindedConcepts.com
447rwhp 419ft-lbs - Stage Zero
* 466 rwhp 441ft-lbs - Stage 1 *
Brenspeed Supporter!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010
SheizaSoSay

Wow, yeah, that's different you already having all those mods. What is your rwhp at now? So you obviously have already had it dynotuned or you would have major issues. Is your engine forged? If not squeezing 50 more might blow it (I am putting you at 420 rwhp). I am having a hard time believing you even have those mods and have had a safe a/f with a dyno tune with the stock pump. Water/meth kit if your even able to safely put 50more horses down. If you go with more boost you might have to convert over to a 8rib. If you go cams with anything worth while VSR or SPR from comp cams for example, then your gonna pay a penny at least for the valve springs minimum...unless you can do it yourself but you wouldn't be able to drive it without a dynotune with a real cam, safely anyway.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010
KDT
GT Member

I also didn't realize you had those mods. That changes everything. If you want 50 more hp then take the M90 off and replace it with a TVS blower if you want to keep it Roush. The Roush TVS comes with a 3" pulley which is too much for the stock shortblock imo. You can use underdrive pulleys with it to reduce the boost and get it safer. I think Tillmans can set this up for you. If you don't want to keep it Roush, then look at the Edelbrock, Whipple, Saleen, or Kenne Bell to replace the M90. Any of these are capable of giving your stock shortblock all it can handle.

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

It was tuned and dynod with these mods at 412 hp...tuner said stock pump was at 85%???
GT Member

Get some dual pumps and an Overdrive crank pulley to add some more boost. Also maybe a bigger heat exchanger to keep your air temps lower.

2005 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red Manual
Saleen Super Shaker 3.4 pulley/Brenspeed Tune
Kooks Longtubes Catted H/FRPP Stingers
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!
SheizaSoSay

Just curious, your car an automatic?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

No its a 5 speed
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to tccoyote
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja6009 View Post
Get some dual pumps and an Overdrive crank pulley to add some more boost. Also maybe a bigger heat exchanger to keep your air temps lower.
Good choices,but if you overdrive the crank you`ll have to upgrade the belt tensioner,or you`ll destroy belts.I used Thump RRR racing tensioner,but UPR makes a good one for a lot less $.

Just a stroked sleeper with a Whipple
10.65 @ 130.11:woo:
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Edelbrock also makes a great solid steel belt tensioner

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page