Mustang GT 2006 Whipple HO Intercooler. Less power over time? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Mustang GT 2006 Whipple HO Intercooler. Less power over time?

Hello, I have a 2006 Mustang GT with Whipple HO intercooled supercharger, My first impression, after the installation It performed a brutal power, I come noticing, for some weeks, that the car does not have so much power as before, the access to the dyno is very far. I have the pulley of 3.125 installed and the stock engine. He would be grateful they could indicate me, it forms of verifying the power, for exm., times of recovery between speeds, 3ª 80 Km/H to 120 Km/H., 4ª 80 Km/H to 120 Km/H., 5ª 80 Km/H to 120 Km/H., Or the test that yours. consider to be opportune. Thank you for the attention.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Re-set your ECU:

ECU re-set procedure:
  • Put the key in the “on” position (all the way forward without starting the car).
  • Disconnect negative battery cable.
  • Let car sit for 15min.
  • Remove key from ignition.
  • Connect negative battery cable.
  • Start car and go drive.

When you go for a drive the ECU will start rebuilding all of its tables. You will be starting “fresh”. The ECU has a learning program built into it which for some reason makes the car run worse over time than better which I have to assume is what it is supposed to do. My F-150’s and F-250’s were all the same way.

I got this procedure from the guy who did all of the tuning and calibration work on the 2010 Cobra Jet.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Old 09-21-2010
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
right after i upload a tune, even if one that already was in the car, the car runs stronger

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

Old 09-21-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

You're used to the power now. I thought the same thing with my Whipple. If I drive my wife's car for the weekend...then drive my Mustang it feels fast again

Quote:
Originally Posted by efbc View Post
Hello, I have a 2006 Mustang GT with Whipple HO intercooled supercharger, My first impression, after the installation It performed a brutal power, I come noticing, for some weeks, that the car does not have so much power as before, the access to the dyno is very far. I have the pulley of 3.125 installed and the stock engine. He would be grateful they could indicate me, it forms of verifying the power, for exm., times of recovery between speeds, 3ª 80 Km/H to 120 Km/H., 4ª 80 Km/H to 120 Km/H., 5ª 80 Km/H to 120 Km/H., Or the test that yours. consider to be opportune. Thank you for the attention.

Mods.
M-6550-3V Cams.
Whipple HO
JBA Headers
472rhwp 435rwtq
Old 09-21-2010
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

yep we all can have 500hp but after a while we need more

but no do what squid said and hotshot is right to.

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
Old 09-22-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

OK, also I have noticed that the sound of the whipple, it is very tenuous, I have verified in youtube, since hereabouts it is not any whipple, Before my whipple was sounding this way, but now the sound has gone out very much. Thank you.
Old 09-22-2010
PONY Member

Did you install either an oil separator or breathers when you installed the supercharger? The reason I ask is that the oil that would be sucked through the pcv system will gunk up the intercooler which in turn will cause it to loose it's air cooling ability. That will lead to less timing and less power due to high IAT temps.

300 stroker @ 11:1 compression, FRPP Stage 2 heads, 127300 cams, 4r70W, Kooks 1 3/4" lt's with 3" H mid-pipe, FRPP stinger mufflers, B&M ratchet shifter, UPR LCA's, JPC race UCA. E-Force TVS. Engine built by Everett's specialty repair, tuned by Manuel @ tudyno.com 9.98 @ 136.55 1.39 60'
Old 09-22-2010
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysan View Post
the oil that would be sucked through the pcv system will gunk up the intercooler .
Your kidding right?:hihi:

How exactly will oil "gunk up" the intercooler when there is not enough heat to get it warm, let alone bake it off. And it has 8psi pushing whatever little bit there is through it. The oil may leave a non "gunky" light film on the intercooler but it will NEVER block or slow down a thing.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Old 09-22-2010
Apprentice

How long has it been since you installed the S/C? Check your spark plugs, they may be fouled. Pull one and see. I was losing power and replace the plugs and it is back the way it used to be.

08 MuStAnG GT Coupe Vista Blue
MT/3:55 gears/EDELBROCK E-FORCE SUPERCHARGER WITH COMPETITION AIR KIT/FRPP GTA's/Axle-Exchange Aluminum Drive shaft/BMR Safety Loop/Amsoil 0w-20/14" Shorty antenna

490 RWHP
477 TRQ
Old 09-22-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner3264 View Post
How long has it been since you installed the S/C? Check your spark plugs, they may be fouled. Pull one and see. I was losing power and replace the plugs and it is back the way it used to be.
About Two months,,, thanks.
Old 09-22-2010
Apprentice

I forgot to mention that I changed my plugs after about a year or 8k miles. I often read alot about plugs being changed often with S/C engines. Every year on average or every time after a run at the track.
My plugs weren't really fouled but the insulator was darker than it should be.

08 MuStAnG GT Coupe Vista Blue
MT/3:55 gears/EDELBROCK E-FORCE SUPERCHARGER WITH COMPETITION AIR KIT/FRPP GTA's/Axle-Exchange Aluminum Drive shaft/BMR Safety Loop/Amsoil 0w-20/14" Shorty antenna

490 RWHP
477 TRQ
Old 09-22-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Belt slipping due to being stretched over time or poopy belt tensioner... :smoke:

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in