2006 Mustang GT shifting question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2006 Mustang GT shifting question

I have a standard transmission 06 GT. I was wondering if it was bad for the car to put it in neutral without pushing in the clutch. I read somewhere it's a faster way to shift when racing. Pulling it into to neutral as you you clutch or right before you clutch so that you can get it in gear faster and keep up the rpms. I've tried it. It is faster and it doesn't grind or anything, but I'm still not sure if it's good for the clutch or transmission. I don't wanna screw up anything major like that. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

not an expert by ANY means... this is my first stick...but I do a LOT of reading and my better judgment would tell me any time you shift (be it to neutral or another gear) without disengaging the clutch is probably, in the long run, bad for your trans.

seems common sense to me. However, some guys buy their Mustangs purely for racing and power-shifting is a regular occurrence.

The Lynch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page