What tires or wheel tires combo that will fit nice on my 2007 & not cost a whole lot. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

What tires or wheel tires combo that will fit nice on my 2007 & not cost a whole lot.

Car is an 2007 mustang Gt vortech v3 sq standard roush full body kit 3.73 gears custom tune 390 hp dynoed, before dyno tune really didn't have any issues with traction with my st4 20x8.5 inch rims and nitto nt05 in rear and nitto nt555 in front, now they just spin, when I bought the nt05 I thought there were nt05r lol didn't realize there just regular nt05, I can get a nitto nt555r for the rear however the 275 40 20 not sure that will fit I'm thinking the 40 is to tall car is stock height though, so I'm really thinking of just changing to 15x4 in front and 15x10s in rear and running a set of Mickey tohmson comps or what ever. I seen a kid today with this setup on a 03 cobra however the offset is less needed with that year and the tires don't stick out, also I've read that my cars brakes interfere with the 15 inch wheels, how much better is a nitto nt05r over just an nt05, my 60' suck like 2.3 she spins like a crazy beast. I need the best advice for the most affordable, also my 20s are heavy cars best time was on stock 17s with nt555 it ran. 13.3 at 102 at a 4000 da now with the 20s she runs a 13.50 and hooks ok once heated up thanks guys

2007 Mustang GT Auto, Roush Spoiler, Roush Louvers, Roush Hood Scoop, Red Roush Style Louvers, Built By Ford Engine Cover, 3.73 Gears, Nitto NT55R radials, Vortech Standard Kit, Dual Fuel Pumps, 39 Pound injectors, Canned tune provided by Diablo for Vortech, Leather Dash Pad, Chrome Pedals, Carbon Fiber look dash Stock. Duel Flow Master Single chambers, Dual Cutouts after Cats, LM2 WideBand, NGK Sensor, Triple A Pillar Gauge Pod, Glow Shift Boost Gauge, Glow Shift Fuel Pressure Gauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

If you want to go for a big & little setup cool, I like that look.

But, you don’t need to go that direction if all you want is some traction. There are all sorts of “roadrace” type tires out there that stick like mad and will have no problem with hooking up your 390hp. And if you go that direction you can still go around corners.

If you want to go with tires/rims that work going around corners let me know, I can give you some suggestions. If you want to go with a big & little setup I’m not your man, I don’t know much about what is available/works.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Wonderful I like my current wheels so what tire would be better than my nitto nt05 my wheel size is 20x8.5 thanks

2007 Mustang GT Auto, Roush Spoiler, Roush Louvers, Roush Hood Scoop, Red Roush Style Louvers, Built By Ford Engine Cover, 3.73 Gears, Nitto NT55R radials, Vortech Standard Kit, Dual Fuel Pumps, 39 Pound injectors, Canned tune provided by Diablo for Vortech, Leather Dash Pad, Chrome Pedals, Carbon Fiber look dash Stock. Duel Flow Master Single chambers, Dual Cutouts after Cats, LM2 WideBand, NGK Sensor, Triple A Pillar Gauge Pod, Glow Shift Boost Gauge, Glow Shift Fuel Pressure Gauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page