Help with tune issue - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Help with tune issue

I have a JLT cai and was running a BAMA tune. I bought a Brenspeed tune and installed it. Good tune and very smooth throughout entire power band. I took off my cai to clean the filter. I returned the car to stock and installed the factory air box while the filter was drying ( I needed to use the car ). Here is the interesting part. When I reinstalled the cai and reinstalled the Brenspeed tune it was very different. Where before the powerband was consistant, now at 3200 rpm's the car takes off like a rocket.

I decided to install the Bama tune again, then install the Brenspeed tune and it is consistant throught the entire powerband again. I called Brenspeed and they said if the tune is installed after the factory tune or any other tune it should not matter. Well, when I got home today I returned the car to stock file and then loaded the Brenspeed tune and I have the 3200 rpm "boost" back.

Has anyone else noticed something like this?

Stock file --> Brenspeed tune = 3200 rpm "boost"
Stock file --> Bama tune --> Brenspeed tune = smooth powerband

Last edited by goofas7070; 10-04-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofas7070 View Post
I have a JLT cai and was running a BAMA tune. I bought a Brenspeed tune and installed it. Good tune and very smooth throughout entire power band. I took off my cai to clean the filter. I returned the car to stock and installed the factory air box while the filter was drying ( I needed to use the car ). Here is the interesting part. When I reinstalled the cai and reinstalled the Brenspeed tune it was very different. Where before the powerband was consistant, now at 3200 rpm's the car takes off like a rocket.

I decided to install the Bama tune again, then install the Brenspeed tune and it is consistant throught the entire powerband again. I called Brenspeed and they said if the tune is installed after the factory tune or any other tune it should not matter. Well, when I got home today I returned the car to stock file and then loaded the Brenspeed tune and I have the 3200 rpm "boost" back.

Has anyone else noticed something like this?

Stock file --> Brenspeed tune = 3200 rpm "boost"
Stock file --> Bama tune --> Brenspeed tune = smooth powerband
Strange, did you check for any leaks under the TB were the CAI connects? Also when you load the stock tune ,check your stategy and make sure it is the same as the PCM.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
11:903 ET, 1.67 60`,111.897 MPH
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Yes and yes. It is very very strange.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Patstang
I just got a Brenspeed tune and it has the same take off surge at the same rpms. Mine does not want to decellerate when I lift the foot off of the gas either.

2006 GT Premium: Vista Blue, Hurst, CDC shaker, boomtubes,chromed taillight, brake light, & quarter markers trim. JLT/SCT 93 C & M of Hubertus, WI dyno tune, JLT cold air routing to filter. Sequential Tails, Magnetic black out panel.

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor: 70 mm TB, SCT tune, VX mufflers, J-Mod, 3.73 Eaton limited slip, moose tenderizer.

2003 Mercury Marauder: Kooks long tubes, K & N CAI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page