2006 mustang gt viper alarm problems - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

2006 mustang gt viper alarm problems

Hey everyone, I am new here and was wondering if anyone could help me out instead of taking my car into a shop for a simple problem. I have a 2006 mustang gt manual transmission, that ever since i got it the viper alarm has been giving me problems. The problem i am having is my viper alarm is stuck in a certain menu with the valet switch, what is happening is that the lock button on the door no longer works and the lock feature with the remote no longer works, but it unlocks fine, even the door unlock button works. The car used to lock and unlock with the buttons on the door, but ever since my dad messed with the valet switch i lost the option to lock with the fob and the door switch, which is very inconvenient. I was wondering if anyone knew the valet menu, and would be able to help me, because I know there is a menu hidden under the valet, and i assume it would be an easy fix, the help is much appreciated, thank you for your time.
not sure on the alarm model number but my key fob number is rpn479v/p/x fcc id ezsde1478

2006 tungsten gray gt
visual mods blue calipers 12 inch dual racing stripes roush window louvers.

performance Airaid cold air intake slp loudmouth exhaust. Boost brothers headers with or/ h pipe

Last edited by s197 from hell; 10-08-2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: forgot something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

does anyone know?

2006 tungsten gray gt

performance Airaid cold air intake slp loudmouth exhaust. Boost brothers headers with or/ h pipe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

anybody? i thought an alarm guru would step in by now lol

2006 tungsten gray gt

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Your gonna have to get the model number, and look it up at vipers site and find the directions.

'05 GT
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010
Apprentice

Look on the windsheild. There should be a receiver by your rearview mirror with antena. Press and hold the botton on it for five seconds. Then press the unlock on your fob and start the car. This resets the system. Hope this works for you. I had problem once when my fob wouldn't unlock car or deactivate alarm. If this doesn't work call a viper dealer or call their tech support. Good luck.

06 GT vert, Windveil Blue, Auto, Bassani ss race axlebacks, 17" stock wheels, K&N filter, Mobil 1.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

thank you so much ill give it a shot i never saw a button on the antenna before tho i will look and see

2006 tungsten gray gt

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

hmm i tried reseting it but when i went to hit lock it wouldnt do anything, i beleive that it might have a wiring problem not to sure

2006 tungsten gray gt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page