SCT Re-Tune question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Patstang
SCT Re-Tune question

Although I know that if I search for the threads that I will probably find the answer to my question, I must go to work soon. Hence, I ask fellow AFM members this question.

I have Brenspeeds tune w/ SCT tuner and 87, 91, & 93 octane settings. Until a week after installing the JLT/tuner, we had 93 non-ethanol gas. Now, it's 91. Do I have to go back to stock and then go to 91 octane or just plug it in and go directly to 91 ?

My car has had it's first 93/ethanol tank of gas in 4 years. Mileage way down ( it's not my foot, either ) and wish to use real gas. The car goes like mad but, I have issues that I must contact Brenspeed for next week such as lack of decell when I lift my foot off the gas and the absence of normal "burble" in the exhaust. I don't remember if I told Doug that I run Boom Tube mufflers or if they even affect back pressure. The rest of the exhaust is stock.

Thanks in advance.

2006 GT Premium: Vista Blue, Hurst, CDC shaker, boomtubes,chromed taillight, brake light, & quarter markers trim. JLT/SCT 93 C & M of Hubertus, WI dyno tune, JLT cold air routing to filter. Sequential Tails, Magnetic black out panel.

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor: 70 mm TB, SCT tune, VX mufflers, J-Mod, 3.73 Eaton limited slip, moose tenderizer.

2003 Mercury Marauder: Kooks long tubes, K & N CAI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010
PONY Member

I believe you can go directly to 91. No need to go back to stock.

-Stangstta

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the response. How about the exhaust issue ?

2006 GT Premium: Vista Blue, Hurst, CDC shaker, boomtubes,chromed taillight, brake light, & quarter markers trim. JLT/SCT 93 C & M of Hubertus, WI dyno tune, JLT cold air routing to filter. Sequential Tails, Magnetic black out panel.

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor: 70 mm TB, SCT tune, VX mufflers, J-Mod, 3.73 Eaton limited slip, moose tenderizer.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patstang View Post
Thanks for the response. How about the exhaust issue ?
You're quite welcome. Sorry, I have no idea on the exhaust.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jsnyng
You can definitely go straight to the 91 tune. As for the exhaust, I've been told nobody is tuning for axle-backs. There's not enough change from stock flow after the cats. They start tuning them for high flow cats, x-pipes, headers, etc.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
My Mods --> jsnyng.net
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

I re-tuned for 91 and went and tanked it up. I got my "burble" back. Being that it has the extra weight of the fuel in it, I won't be able to judge how much "snort" I have now lost. I don't like the ethanol gas.

Different side note: I have been experiencing clutch noise ( throw-out bearing/pilot bearing ? ) noise intermittantly for months. Every time I take it to the dealer, it stops. Now, it is very frequent & as I am under a 7/70 warranty, they will be able to fix it. Question: should I opt for a new clutch right away ? I have 28K on it. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page