2006 GT Catted X-Pipe worth $? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010
06mustangGTAZ

2006 GT Catted X-Pipe worth $?

I'm trying to decide what the next mod to my 06 GT is going to be. I've looked at just about every possible thing I could do to it and I was curious if a catted x would really be worth the cost.
I would like to put on an off road pipe, but since I am in the city a lot I don't want to deal with any harassment from cops.
Currently I have Flowmaster American Thunder Classic Axlebacks and if I was to get a catted x I would probably get the magnaflow tru-x pipe.
SO, is it worth it? Will it improve the sound and make it louder? I'm not expecting any noticeable HP gains.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010
GT Member

Providing it has hi-flow cats, it will be louder than the stock set-up. Catted X and flows sound okay. Like I said, it's louder than the stock catted H but has a different tone. It's not quite as deep.

RIP 2006 Mustang GT
New Ride 04 Pontiac GTO
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

The magnaflow catted x pipe is a great piece I recommend it. It's gonna be a whole lot louder than the stock mid pipe.

2008 Vapor Silver Mustang GT

JLTSCTSLPBMRMagnaflowEibach

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010

What other mods do you already have? If you ever plan on going to a long tube header then I would hold of on the X-pipe at this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page