Engine Light and Wrench (Electronic Throttle Control) lights on @7000 Miles 2010 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Engine Light and Wrench (Electronic Throttle Control) lights on @7000 Miles 2010 GT

Hi,

I have my "Check engine" light on for the 2nd time this week even after filling it with Chevron super gas. Then the warning for the oil change light went on and then the wrench light (electronic throttle control) light went on on my 2010 Mustang GT at 7000 miles.

After turning off the engine, only the "Check Engine" and reminder to change oil are still there. The wrench light went off.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010
Banned
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05horse Send a message via MSN to 05horse Send a message via Yahoo to 05horse
sign of a bad throttle position sensor i belive.

our cars have oil lights?

well tehn again if you hit the oil light you dont love your car as much as i love mine lol ( change my oil alot )

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010

well its a 2010 so it could have an oil light.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That oil light shouldn't come on till the factory recommended 7,500 miles.

If your running all highway that's ok as you can rack up 7500 miles in Less than 1/3rd of the operating hours it takes for someone doin city driving to rack up 3,000 miles (assuming your doin 75mph and he is doin 35mph and sitting at stop lights and traffic jams about ad much as he is moving)

However I do 90% highway driving and STILL try to do it around 6,000-6,500 )better safe than sorry).

Hitting the full 7,500 is a bit shall we say, optimistic for my personal tastes.

Your probably ok but get her changed this week and unless you are doin nearly all highway miles, don't let it happen again. Lol

Edit; scratch that. I think the 2010 had a computer with an rpm and temperature algorhitim that calculated oil life. Could come on any where between 5,000 and 7,500 miles depending on how you drive it. Get her done this week, you are probably fine.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi,

It was the throttle sensor as the code was P2135. They replaced it and the car works fine.

Thanks.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

05 Horse called it. You still need an oil change though (wink)

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010
Banned
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05horse Send a message via MSN to 05horse Send a message via Yahoo to 05horse
none of my cars have gone over 2000 miles with out an oil change! this 7500 is killin me lol
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05horse View Post
none of my cars have gone over 2000 miles with out an oil change! this 7500 is killin me lol
Changing oil at 2000 miles? Waste of good oil and money!

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
check engine throttle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page