JLT Jitters!!!!!!!! - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

JLT Jitters!!!!!!!!

I odered the JLT intake on Monday and it will be here next monday. I am having trouble sleeping and it is all I think about at work. I have everything all set I have a custom tune on order from diablosport and an interface kit for my tuner. The wires are coming tomorrow so when the tune is emailed I am going to import it on the tuner and I will have it by the door so when the JLT arrives I am going to put it on!!!! I have been waiting for this for 2 years and have had a KandN on there the whole time which is nice but not gigantic enough. Ok thanks for reading I feel a tad better now.:hihi:

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010
Banned
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05horse Send a message via MSN to 05horse Send a message via Yahoo to 05horse
you should loose sleep the jlt on my v6 was like wow.... huge gain i can only imagine on a GT

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have the JLT CAI with a Diablosport Predator on my 05 GT. It is amazing !

2005 Performance White GT
Exterior: SHR Honeycomb Panel, Blacked Out Tail Lights, Blacked Out Third Brake Light, 8" shorty antenna, Inner Smoked Turn Signals, Black Stripes, Black GT Rear Decklid Emblem, GT500 Spoiler, CDC Chin Spoiler, Bullitt Grille, Sequentials
Interior: RVinyl Aluminum Dash Kit, Running Pony Emblem on Arm Rest, Torch Red Door Sill Inserts and Accent Bars, Red Dome Lights, Kenwood DDX616 Headunit, Kicker L7 Sub, Kenwood 1000 Watt Amp

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

The jlt cai is awesome!

2008 Vapor Silver Mustang GT

JLTSCTSLPBMRMagnaflowEibach
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Patstang
I'm with you ! Mine ROCKS. Have someone that you previously trusted driving your car before the tune/CAI & then, let them drive it now. Hear what they say. It is worth the wait.

2006 GT Premium: Vista Blue, Hurst, CDC shaker, boomtubes,chromed taillight, brake light, & quarter markers trim. JLT/SCT 93 C & M of Hubertus, WI dyno tune, JLT cold air routing to filter. Sequential Tails, Magnetic black out panel.

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor: 70 mm TB, SCT tune, VX mufflers, J-Mod, 3.73 Eaton limited slip, moose tenderizer.

2003 Mercury Marauder: Kooks long tubes, K & N CAI.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010
Apprentice

Very Lucky, wish i had the cash for that!

2005 Mustang Gt, K&N cold air intake, Flowmasters, SCT Livewire, and black Cobra wheels
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

The most important thing to figure out? Where are you gonna test drive it after the install?!

2008 Metallic Alloy GT Convertible Premium
Show :
black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler
Go:
FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010
Banned
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to 05horse Send a message via MSN to 05horse Send a message via Yahoo to 05horse
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRob504 View Post
The most important thing to figure out? Where are you gonna test drive it after the install?!
oooh yea good call...looks like hes got more to think about
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

29th firebird raceway my first drag race!!!

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

Rookie
S197 Member

Nice!
I can definitely relate to that, hearing about how great CAI are for our cars for a LONG time before I got my own was agony!!
you wont be disappointed, after all that many people can't all be wrong:nogrinner
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to gunz4me
I went with the JLT kit and the SCT programmer special that American Muscle was running a few months back. Now my 2006 GT has instant throttle response and just feels better overall.

Warning: once you get used to the gains, you will be looking for other ways to add power.

Maybe I will buy a 2016 Mustang GT, maybe not...
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
I went with the JLT kit and the SCT programmer special that American Muscle was running a few months back. Now my 2006 GT has instant throttle response and just feels better overall.

Warning: once you get used to the gains, you will be looking for other ways to add power.
This!

Enjoy your new car after the install.

2005 GT Premium Vert. Windveil Blue, Automatic, Steeda CAI with SCT Strategy Tune, 87 Octane, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, 8" shorty antenna, sequentail tail lights, RPI Designs side scoops
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Man......You guys are making this worse!!!! you are supposed to say oh well you will kind of notice a gain but just for your butt dyno. But ohhhhhh no its like im installing baby jesus as my intake.

Apprentice
S197 Member

I just sold my JLT. I really like the power and the price but the fit is not so good. The plastic heat shield is junk and warps, not to mention is rubs on the abs module.The filter actually gets rub marks into the rubber from being wedged into the heat shield. The filter is almost touching the inside fender and has to be tilted forward on the air tube to keep from rubbing the heat shield install bolt. If you tilt the air tube all the way down into the plastic heat shield like the directions tell you, it rests on the radiator hose. There is a plastic fitting there as well for the small rubber hose to attach to. It also is touching the radiator hose. I just might be a bit too picky, this is my 3rd cai. I am going to order the FRPP cai since I hear it fits like a glove with no rubbing on any other parts.
Banned
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post

funny how that happens. all i wanted was a bolt on muffler.... now i got a supercharger heads cams and alcohol injection!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page